Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Kyle Pfaffenback Macro Targets

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-24, 09:15 PM
McFlyRides

Bikes: SuperCaliber, SuperSix Evo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts

Just listened to Podcast 463 in Ask a Cycling Coach, and wanted to discuss his macronutrient targets.

His plan for getting endurance athletes to racing weight is pretty simple.
--Eat ~1.6g protein per kg goal body weight. Goal body weight is no less than current body weight less 5 pounds.
--Eat ~1.3g fat per kg goal body weight. If you are 6 weeks out from your A race and want to really hit it hard, 1.1g/kg but be very careful with rest of eating.
--Fill in the rest with enough carbs so you can perform (not enough eating on the bike, too few carbs, and your body will tell you)

The protein goal doesn't seem aggressive, if protein sources are a part of every meal.

The fat goal looks actually quite easy, and was higher than I expected. At my body weight its about 100g per day. I was surprised how important fat was to his plan for endurance athletes. He talked like it was risky to drop to 1.1.

Thoughts? What are you doing to keep from carrying an extra 5-10 pounds around a race course?