Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

What are 2023's best budget headlights?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-23, 11:09 AM
williaty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Years ago, the "Best Light Under $50" thread helped me find a round-headed Magicshine knockoff Cree headlight and a horizontally-spreading lens for it that I actually love. The only problem with it is that it blinds oncoming traffic. Now, I need to get a light for my wife and I'd also like to replace that knock-off light I have with something more friendly to other MUP-users as I'm mostly riding with my wife on MUPs now. The new STVZO-compliant full-cutoff lights look perfect, but there's slim offerings for them in the US. So far, I've tried the Lumintop B01 and the Fenix BC25R. Both had far too bright of a hotspot at the front wheel and not enough light farther away (unless you tip them up too far and start blinding oncoming traffic) due to their fairly poor beamshaping throwing too much light above the center of the beam.

So what's on the market today in the budget category (call it $50 adjusted to $75 for inflation)?