Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Kent Torpedo

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Kent Torpedo

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-22, 11:06 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 622 Posts
Kent Torpedo

I watched a YouTube video of the subject e-BMX type bike and it looked like fun for my granddaughter. Lo and behold, Wally reduced the price from $500 to $148 with free shipping. I had visions of trading the 180w motor on the BMX with a 500w one, providing her with a 25 - 30 mph screamer, then using the smaller motor on a lightweight MTB for me. The bike arrived and it appears well constructed if very weighty, with a superbly manufactured 24V battery nestled into the frame nicely. Unfortunately, my plans were thwarted since the motor is much larger and heavier than I thought it would be, and from the way the rear wheel spins, probably DD. Looks like she will need to be satisfied with 15 - 17 mph, and my plan for a lightweight MTB awaits another system. Anyway, great deal IMO if anyone is bored and needs a project (picture not needed since there are excellent representations on the site).
Old 06-08-22, 03:23 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1114 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 593 Posts
All sold out
Old 06-08-22, 05:44 PM
2old

They go in and out of stock. I checked a little while ago and there were "pink" ones available. On further examination of the bike, it's very "symmetrical" (I'm OCD about that), has a "real" derailleur hanger and strong/straight wheels. I (6'1", 175) took it for a five or so mile ride and neither the motor nor battery/controller was hot. Should be good for 10+ miles with my granddaughter. The big hub motor probably is at least 250w, so if DD is capable of at least 500.
Likes For 2old:
Old 06-16-22, 09:43 AM
Smaug1
Commuter

Bikes: Main Bikes: 2023 Trek Domane AL3, 2022 Aventon Level.2 eBike, 1972 Schwinn Varsity, 2024 Priority Apollo 11

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 196 Posts
I saw a link to an eBike at Walmart from electek. They sell a TON of eBikes, but watch out; some of them are used. I wouldn't want a used eBike unless it was refurbished and had a new battery pack.

Even though I don't shop at Walmart, it might be worth watching their eBike offerings, now that they're partnering with Kent brands.
Likes For Smaug1:
Old 06-16-22, 05:26 PM
2old

Finally I spoke to a Kent technician, and he confirmed that the bike has a DD motor. The PAS sensor is a closed unit on one end of the bottom bracket, not the magnetic disc on most systems. Surprisingly, all connections are "waterproof", great at this price range.
Likes For 2old: