Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Any bent/upright switch hitters out there?

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Any bent/upright switch hitters out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-14, 05:50 PM
Dudelsack 

Bikes: Lectric Xpedition.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
Good discussion. I like the lightness and responsiveness of my DF. With my SWB bent, I am plagued with LBP in spite of fiddling with different seats and angles.

Interestingly, this summer when I rode a rental LWB bent, I could ride that all over creation pain free. If I had the spare change I'd buy one.

One the other hand, I rode my DF 35 miles about two weeks ago. Honestly, I was ready to be done with the ride at mile 25. I didn't notice the LBP because everything else hurt.

Some might say I need to pony up $$$ and get a fitting, but I'm not convinced.

Old 03-20-14, 08:54 AM
phatfree
PhatFree

Bikes: Too many.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I ride a Tricross set up for randonneuring and bought a Xstream abut 6 months ago. This is my first bent and while the position is less stressful on the upper body the hills take more out of me compared to the Tricross. However, I am very aware that I am still working on my bent specific muscles. I have knocked out a 100km and am shooting for a 200km very soon.
The 650c wheels on the bent drive me nuts because I find 23mm tires to be ridiculously skinny. I ride 28's on the Tricross.
I have 2 mirrors on the bent and find that I am able to comfortably monitor my 6 more often as compared to the Tricross.
I do miss the opportunity to stand and sprint hard over hills and bunny hop tracks on the bent.
Both are great bikes.