Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Back in the saddle

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Back in the saddle

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-23, 10:36 PM
IdahoBrett 

Bikes: Aluminum and Steel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 379 Times in 141 Posts
Back in the saddle

After years of being away from biking I have returned! Dusted off my long unused Cannondale F3 hardtail.

My daughters have rekindled the fire. And in typical me fashion I’ve bought 6 bikes in the last month. I like to tinker and fix things. Theirs are new. Smart choice in my opinion.

And I’m in talks with a “collector” a couple hour drive away to peruse his stash next weekend. Got my eye on an old Ross (83ish) bike. Could be a Force 1, or Mt.Hood. Not sure. Has the gold wheels and crank. But the brake levers are gold also. Anyways could be fun bike-sploring….

Hello all!
Old 08-01-23, 10:52 AM
IdahoBrett 

Bikes: Aluminum and Steel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 379 Times in 141 Posts
The bike stable grew by one today. I came across a deal on a 1993 Cannondale M500. It had been in storage for years. Has some nicks in the paint. But it’s all there and everything works. That’s the 6th bike this summer. My wife asked me how I’m supposed to ride them all. I said, “only 2 of the new ones are for me and they’re for different terrain.” She just smiled that knowing smile. She knows me all too well. Game on…..
Old 08-01-23, 11:31 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,100 Times in 3,833 Posts
Originally Posted by IdahoBrett
The bike stable grew by one today. I came across a deal on a 1993 Cannondale M500. It had been in storage for years. Has some nicks in the paint. But it’s all there and everything works. That’s the 6th bike this summer. My wife asked me how I’m supposed to ride them all. I said, “only 2 of the new ones are for me and they’re for different terrain.” She just smiled that knowing smile. She knows me all too well. Game on…..
Years ago - while I was on a long hiatus from riding - my wife asked me why I needed "another" guitar. I asked her why she needed more than 1 pair of black shoes. I could see the wave of comprehension hit her. Without a word, she turned and left the room, and didn't ask those questions any more.

Welcome back to the bike(s).