Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Are There Any MTB Mixte Frames Out There?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Are There Any MTB Mixte Frames Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-21, 10:47 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Higgins
That's kind of interesting. Its would certainly check off all the boxes.

I don't like the price, but its heading in the right direction for what would work. I think that 1100 clams for something like that is about twice of what anyone should pay. For that kind of cash, I could start with the Soma mixte frame and build a really good bike, not just some mass-welded frame with a conglomeration of mediocre parts fastened to it.

Sounds like you already have all the answers. So just do that
Likes For DMC707:
Old 08-14-21, 03:06 PM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
Sounds like you already have all the answers. So just do that
I just want my wife to be safe and happy. I couldn't imagine if she had any really debilitating issues. Having a sad spine is well, sad enough I guess. Thank God she is as healthy as she is.
Old 08-14-21, 03:11 PM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Originally Posted by DMC707
Think about what kind of husband this statement makes you sound like
Why are you attacking me in my own thread? We're talking about my wife and her bike fit issues, not how I fit YOUR mold of how a husband should comport himself. PM me if you want to tell me further what you think about me, but please keep your derision out of my thread.
Old 08-14-21, 08:48 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Higgins
Why are you attacking me in my own thread? We're talking about my wife and her bike fit issues, not how I fit YOUR mold of how a husband should comport himself. PM me if you want to tell me further what you think about me, but please keep your derision out of my thread.

im sorry that you are feeling guilty about coming off that way

those were your words , not mine. “I just dont wanna hear her *****en” “

after all, wives are marital property and should be tolerated only, right comrade?
Once they lose their strength against the plow or their ability to produce many farmhand, we should trade them in - eh?

maybe then they would quit their bit —- chen!

but in the meantime go pound sand.
Old 08-15-21, 06:02 PM
seat_boy

Bikes: Serial bike flipper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 73 Posts
The Rivendell Clem L can fit big tires and has a nice, low step thru. Might be tough to find a frame or bike, though.... their last frame shipment sold out in seconds.
Likes For seat_boy:
Old 08-16-21, 06:06 AM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Originally Posted by seat_boy
The Rivendell Clem L can fit big tires and has a nice, low step thru. Might be tough to find a frame or bike, though.... their last frame shipment sold out in seconds.
Thanks for this, because that's really like what I see in my mind's eye. You are right about the availability. One of my friends owns a Riv dealership, and he is having trouble getting bikes. In fact, he's having trouble getting just about everything, but he just told me that things are loosening up a bit, and his suppliers are actually beginning to get stock in now. Does this mean we're getting close to the end of the bike boom? I dunno. I bought our two Ogres through him. Those took four months to get to me.

Yeah those Clems are nice. I started this thread to see if anything was hiding out there that I could adapt to the style of riding we/she like to do, but not break the bank. I do have an update though... After a few different handlebar and seat changes, I think we've narrowed it down that her Ogre frame is one size too big. The issue is too much stack and reach, and a size small would work immensely better than the medium. Now all I have to do is find a size small Ogre frame.