Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Vintage Chain Extravaganza

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-23, 11:08 AM
The Thin Man 

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 116 Posts

Up for grabs are a number of vintage chains, both full length and short bits to help you extend your current chains that need a few extra links.

Suntour/HKK Ultra Spaced 6-Speed Ultra-6
Up for grabs is a beautiful Suntour Ultra Spaced 6 (or Ultra-6) 1/2" x 3/32" bike chain, by HKK with 110 links. This chain is used but not very much at all as it was part of a number of chains that were rotated out frequently. It has been ultrasonically cleaned and verified by my chain checker tool to show less than 0.25, which is the tolerance of what a new chain would come with as it shows virtually no chain stretch and a full lifetime of use ahead of it. Since it has been chemically cleaned, I left the chain "dry" so you can put your favorite chain lube on it.
The sale comes with a bonus of 4, NOS, extra Ultra-6 chain links available as an extension for this chain or to keep around to have on hand.
Price: $ SOLD $

Suntour/HKK Ultra Spaced 6-Speed; 4 Links
Next up are 4, full, NOS Suntour/HKK Ultra Spaced 6-Speed chain links. These have been in a bag with other similar NOS chains. It has factory grease from decades ago on it that is still viable but I suggest removing that and using your own chain lube.

NOS HKK Z Chains (Q: 2)
For your consideration are two NOS HKK Z-Chains with silver face plates. These are in the original "sealed" bags (held by staples) from some long forgotten bike store. They have factory lubricant on them (and all over the bag). Though this has helped preserve them for all these decades. Personally, I chemically strip factory lubricant off all new chains (modern and vintage) and use my favorite chain lube. But, technically, I believe you could leave the factory lube on it and run it as is if that's your thing. Sorry, I don't have a link count because I wanted to keep the bags sealed.

NOS Regina SC 1/2" x 3/32" Road Bike Chain Segments (Q: 3)
For sale is are three, NOS vintage Regina SC, 1/2" x 3/32" bike chain segments with 3 full links each. Two of chains have an additional "master link" and one does not. Please let me know which you would like in your purchase(s). These chains still have their protective oil on them from the factory (which has helped keep them rust free for all these decades) though I suggest stripping this off and using a more modern chain lube for best results.

NOS Regina Extra Catena Ciclo “RECORD” Bike Chain
Up for grabs are 3 and 1, full, NOS Regina Extra Catena Ciclo “RECORD” chain links. Perfect for that chain that is just a touch too short. This sale is for both chain links.

NOS Shimano IG-70 8-Speed Chain
Last but not least is a Shimano Interactive Glide (IG) chain with 4 full links. This chain works with IG cassettes, derailleurs, and cranksets on 1996-1999 XTR, Deore XT, Deore LX, STX-RC, STX, Alivio and Acera-X. Compatible with 6, 7 and 8-speed drivetrains.

Prices DO NOT include shipping. That will need to be determined.
PayPal (F&F free or 4% paid by buyer) or Venmo accepted.

Interested? Please PM me.

Last edited by The Thin Man; 10-20-23 at 12:25 AM.
Likes For The Thin Man:
Old 10-08-23, 11:15 AM
'02 nrs

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked 2,987 Times in 1,500 Posts
interested/

price for the first used Suntour/HKK Ultra Spaced 6-Speed Ultra-6 shipped to 48067-USPS ground advantage?

Last edited by '02 nrs; 10-08-23 at 11:19 AM.