Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What is the narrowest nosed saddle?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-21, 07:43 PM
aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts

I'm looking for a saddle that has a very narrow nose. My current Prologo's nose is 37mm wide along the "nose section" of the saddle.Is there anything narrower than this?

PS: I have tried a short nose saddle, but it still has a relative wider nose section which ends up rubbing against my thighs too much when I'm not sitting near the nose, but I don't plan on sitting near the nose constantly.
Old 07-05-21, 11:13 PM
Chris!

Bikes: Jamis renegade, surly big dummy, giant talon 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 22 Posts
Have you tried no nose? Like an ISM saddle? I switched about 3 years ago and will never go back.
Old 07-07-21, 05:23 PM
aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris!
Have you tried no nose? Like an ISM saddle? I switched about 3 years ago and will never go back.
I already tried the ISM. Way too wide, it rubs my thighs all over, yes, while sitting on the nose. Sitting on the rear of the ISM is totally unbearable as the rubbing to the thighs is even worse.
Old 07-08-21, 10:07 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 806 Posts
Form E3 / Kontact

In my experience, the Forte E3 Form saddle (now discontinued) has the narrowest nose and the best anatomically-based ergonomics of any road saddle. Unfortunately, the creator had a business falling out with Performance, with whom he had an exclusive distributorship. I wish that I had kept any of the three I owned, all sold with the bikes they were on. Terrific saddle, really.

He was forced to re-engineer the product to evade the licensing claims, and issued the Kontact anatomical saddle. You can search under Kontact bicycle saddle to see the new product. It looks very similar to me.

Last edited by Phil_gretz; 07-09-21 at 07:14 AM. Reason: added photos
Old 07-09-21, 06:35 AM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Selle San Marco Integra is the narrowest I know of. I can get some measurements if you like.

Old 07-09-21, 06:39 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4407 Post(s)
Liked 4,860 Times in 3,006 Posts
Fizik Aliante has quite a narrow nose too.