Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Litespeed Ultimate G2

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-22, 08:38 AM
MikeIndy

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Trek Madone Disc, S-Works Diverge,Seven Evergreen SL Ti, Trek Fuel EX, Trek SuperCaliber, Farley Fat Bike, Trek Domane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 9 Posts
Litespeed Ultimate G2

Greetings all. I had the Lynskey Pro GR a while back and like it, but eventually sold it. My primary gravel bike is a '21 S-Works Diverge. That said, I'm pondering a Litespeed Ult G2 as an addition to the stable.
My local shop has a seven that is about $2500 more with the same groupset.(GRX Di2/2x) Moots is not in my current $$$ range.

I've not had to opportunity to ride the previous Ult Gravel. I am interested in any information owners of the previous model can share about their bike.
Old 10-13-22, 08:57 AM
blak_byke

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeIndy
Greetings all. I had the Lynskey Pro GR a while back and like it, but eventually sold it. My primary gravel bike is a '21 S-Works Diverge. That said, I'm pondering a Litespeed Ult G2 as an addition to the stable.
My local shop has a seven that is about $2500 more with the same groupset.(GRX Di2/2x) Moots is not in my current $$$ range.

I've not had to opportunity to ride the previous Ult Gravel. I am interested in any information owners of the previous model can share about their bike.
Curiuos...why did you sell the Pro Gr?
Old 10-13-22, 10:15 AM
MikeIndy

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Trek Madone Disc, S-Works Diverge,Seven Evergreen SL Ti, Trek Fuel EX, Trek SuperCaliber, Farley Fat Bike, Trek Domane

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 9 Posts
As to the Lynskey, I liked the bike, a lot. When I was in the process of buying, one thing I didn't like was the external cable routing. Multiple Ti vendors were already going internal at that point. I asked about it and also asked if the next model would include internal. I was told not to both and that they were not planning on moving to internal in the next year. Well, 3-4 months later, internal was an option on their site.
The bike was solid and rode fairly well. It was heavy, compared to similar bikes. It was more of a winter/early spring bike for me. in 2020/early 21 I decided to thin my collection by a few bikes as it was a sellers market.

I love the GRX 2x on the '21 Diverge as opposed to the 1x on the previous Diverge and the Ultegra on the Lynskey. For my riding, I like the GRX2x over a GRX 1x for the gear gaps and ratios. The Lynskey being heavy and limited to Ultegra was an issue for me on the really steep climbs I see on occasion off-pavement.