Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

FRW Hunters Point

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-24, 07:46 PM
masonv45

Bikes: 2005 Giant OCRc2, 2016 GT Aggressor Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
FRW Hunters Point

Just bought this bike for $70. I think it's mid 2000's.

From what I've found online, it's an Italian manufacturer with Campagnola Groupset (Xenon Mechs). Aluminum frame with carbon forks. Richey headset and hubs.

I can find original specs anywhere.

Likes For masonv45:
Old 04-02-24, 08:30 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 4427 Post(s)
Liked 4,072 Times in 2,715 Posts
It is a lower cost campy equipped bike. Nothing bad new but it has seen a rough life of abuse probably just sitting outside or in a humid area but for $70 it isn't terrible if fixable. Campaganolo doesn't quite go as low as say Shimano or SRAM but Xenon would be at or near their bottom which is generally still nicer than the S groups offerings, so it is decent enough and Miche makes generally decent stuff.

I would take it apart, clean it, regrets everything, soak the bolts in a de-rusting agent or maybe even some Triflow, new bar tape for sure (but that is any used bike and new bars if you see corrosion underneath) and replace any wear items (probably cables and housing and pads at least maybe tires if cracking). Other than that should be good so long as no cracks or anything in the frame or fork and it looks like it would clean up nicely.

Never heard of that brand but it is likely something European based would be my guess?
Old 04-03-24, 07:36 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6264 Post(s)
Liked 4,863 Times in 3,352 Posts
And?

Bicycle brands are just a frame with components made by others on them. So for maintenance, all you need to know is what the stuff is that's on it. There'll be part numbers on most everything. Usually on the backside of the components. Some you might have to take off to find the number.

While it all works, keep it clean and lubed. Ride the crap out of it and get another bike when you figure out what this bike isn't doing for you.

Better tires will improve the ride.
Old 04-03-24, 09:20 AM
Reynolds 
Passista

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montaņa pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked 728 Times in 401 Posts
You could've done far worse for $70 IMO.
Old 04-03-24, 11:35 AM
masonv45

Bikes: 2005 Giant OCRc2, 2016 GT Aggressor Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
I've got a road bike I've permanently converted into a Tri bike, so I wanted a "winter" bike and one I can use on the rare group ride. Planning on using my spare set of Gatorskins as that's what I've got hanging in the garage.

This one feels about 22 lbs or so - not light, but not extremely heavy either.

Not sure about the prior owner ... the large front chainring is installed backwards. Can't wait to see what other surprises are in store LOL!

Bikes in rideable shape of this era go for $300 and up in my area.