Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

1986 Casati Linea Oro - vintage aero, new build

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

1986 Casati Linea Oro - vintage aero, new build

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-22, 01:37 AM
ClayH 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts
1986 Casati Gold Line - vintage aero, new build, full Campy, price reduced

Priced dropped to $1250 shipped in US! I bought this beautiful 80's era 57cm frameset as a Covid project. Top tube and seat tube measure 22.5 inches. Using a combination of Campy parts I've owned for years and newly acquired parts from the era(the mid-late 80s) this Casati rolls again! Unfortunately, my old knees aren't comfortable with racing geometry so it is up for sale. The Casati build quality and ride rivals Colnago, Masi, and Cinelli from that era and its rarity on the road today adds to the allure of this bike.

Newly built wheelset with C-record hubs and Campagnolo Ypsilon aero rims. New Schwalbe One clinchers with lightweight tubes. Most parts are new in appearance. The crankarms have been polished, as have the Cinelli bars. I am a bike mechanic by trade and put a lot of love into this build. It really is striking in person. It is also a bike meant to be ridden. There are a few blemishes in the original paint ( stickers are new except for the Columbus SLX Tubing sticker on the seat tube) and the chrome on the right fork leg isn't perfect. The Flight Titanium seat is very light and has a couple of wear spots. I used the Simplex Super LJ retrofriction shifters because they function way better than Campy's, but I will also include the Campy Record shift levers

. Campy Record pedals with Christophe toe clips and toe straps. Campy Record bottom bracket. Campy cables and housing. New Tressotar bar tape.

More details are available to interested parties. Will ship at buyer's expense. I can properly package the bike for you at no charge.No trades. Huntington Beach, CA

Priced dropped to $1250 shipped in US!

Last edited by ClayH; 02-17-23 at 03:11 AM.
Likes For ClayH:
Old 11-13-22, 08:24 PM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked 779 Times in 497 Posts
Nice work on the build. Its beautiful and Im sure rides like a dream.