Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for a compatible smaller chainring

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-24, 12:47 PM
robow

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked 283 Times in 194 Posts

I'm considering a Samox G3 44-28 crankset for touring. 104/64 BCD but would love to change out the small ring to a 26 T. Anyone have any suggestions ? As always, thank you for your input
Old 01-27-24, 01:46 PM
oldschoolbike

Bikes: 1974 PX-10E sold, 1977 Witcomb stolen, 1980 Roberts 1 speed, 1987 Cyclops 3 x 6 friction triple crank, 2010 Masi Commuter 1 speed, 2017 Ribble 525 2 x 10 with Ergos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts
The French company Specialites TA makes great quality chainrings in just about every configuration, but their web site is not that easy to use. If you are in the States, try Peter White Cycles. I see 64 mm BCD rings in silver or black in your size range under the "Chinook" model name at that site. Or Google "TA Chinook".

The resulting 18T gap between front rings pushes the 16T spec of most front derailleurs, but it will probably be OK. You should at least try to set your bike up the way you want it, which is not necessarily the way you are told to.

oldschoolbike