Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Noblex RVS decals

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Noblex RVS decals

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-22, 04:32 AM
Hajo

Bikes: Several Gazelle Team steel bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 32 Posts
Noblex RVS decals

Since my Gazelle Exception project is well on it's way, after a fresh coat of paint and the Ultegra 6600 group waiting to be mounted, I still have not found the Noblex RVS decals for it. A larger one for the seat tube and 2 smaller for the front fork. Where can I find these?

Last edited by Hajo; 09-22-22 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-22-22, 08:26 AM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 602 Posts
To be fair, that looks like unobtanium. There was a guy on a German forum who claimed to have one for the seattube in 2014, maybe register there, if not already done, and ask him.

https://www.rennrad-news.de/forum/th...8#post-3092496

OR, as he was nice enough to upload a fairly good scan, you can get it recreated by your favorite decal-shop.

Old 09-22-22, 01:40 PM
Hajo

Wow thanks! That is exactly what I might be looking for, at least for the seat tube. Still have to check for the fork.
Old 09-23-22, 11:40 AM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Do you have a photo of it?

- Lattz
Old 09-23-22, 11:46 AM
Lattz

Hajo forget the question, was searching for the frame, and bumped into the LFGSS thread on the frame from 5 years ago I see no fork decals... so look further
Old 09-23-22, 02:46 PM
Hajo

I have seen front forks with these decals on it, as well as forks that have "Gazelle" printed on them. Since my fork is completely blank now, I might just go for the decals. Already making an attempt to upgrade the quality on the computer so they can be printed. And today I also started rebuilding the bike so pictures will come soon.
Old 09-23-22, 02:57 PM
Lattz

Originally Posted by Hajo
I have seen front forks with these decals on it, as well as forks that have "Gazelle" printed on them. Since my fork is completely blank now, I might just go for the decals. Already making an attempt to upgrade the quality on the computer so they can be printed. And today I also started rebuilding the bike so pictures will come soon.
I already wanted offer you help with replicating if you want to go that way... forget "improving". Will make a sketch then send you an svg just pm me a mail address.
Old 09-23-22, 03:10 PM
Lattz

Oh and by the way here's the fork one... you can take measurements from your fork and tell me, roughly how wide and tall this should be...
You are lucky btw, because these are the same decals, just printed in different size, unlike e.g. a Columbus where frame and fork had different decals.

Old 09-23-22, 03:48 PM
Lattz

Here's a rough sketch of what I meant.... needs some tweaking, but better than nothing...

Old 09-23-22, 04:14 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,181 Times in 1,183 Posts
That is a very generous offer.....

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Likes For xiaoman1:
Old 09-23-22, 04:24 PM
Lattz

Thanks Ben, trying to help "the neighbors". Didn't I created a Bertoni decals set for you too, or at least offered it long before you ordered them? Or I'm just dreaming...
But I would not try to replicate a SOMEC pixel one

Lattz
Old 09-24-22, 11:31 AM
Hajo

DM has been sent, thanks a lot (again!) for your offer and your effort! Your first attempt looks superb already.
Likes For Hajo: