Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hiya Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-22, 08:36 AM
bikamper
1991 PBP Anciens

Bikes: 1954 Robin Hood, 1964 Dunelt, 1968 Raleigh Superbe, 1969 Robin Hood, 197? Gitane, 1973 Raleigh SuperCourse, 1981 Miyata 710, 1990 Miyata 600GT, 2007 Rivendell Bleriot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 117 Posts
Hiya Again

Working my way back into the fold after a few years away. Okay, several years away. John Lennon said the life happen when you've made other plans. Retirement is just over three months away and sitting on my ass is not in the plans. At least, not 200 nights in hotels(Sounds like a Frank Zappa album)anymore. Plan to do more riding and bike camping.

The missus and I relocated from our home of 24 years in East Dundee, Illannoy, to rural Elburn, Illannoy. Same county, whole different environment. Riding is different, too. Miles of quiet open road and many of those roads are gravel. The new place has a full basement, attached heated 2 car garage, AND a separate heated 4 car garage where I keep most of my toys. The bulk of the bikes are in the attic. I set up a block and tackle to raise and lower the bikes as I need them.

The collection has ebbed and flowed. The bulk is still variations of British 3 speeds, but I actually got a mtb I like to ride and a decent fat bike. Just finished up a women's 1970 Raleigh Super Course for my youngest kid that lives near by. Oldest kid in Maine found it at a thrift shop for a whopping half a buck. Starting on a early seventies Gitane Mexico track bike this week.

Probably just going to sit back and lurk for a bit. Hiya.
Old 03-07-22, 01:41 PM
Wiel

Bikes: Home made

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Hallo Bicamper,
Frank Zappa even played music on a bike in a 1963 tv-show.
Just type in Zappa plays bicycle on You Tube and you 'll see.....

Greetz, Wiel
Old 03-08-22, 07:32 AM
bikamper
1991 PBP Anciens

Bikes: 1954 Robin Hood, 1964 Dunelt, 1968 Raleigh Superbe, 1969 Robin Hood, 197? Gitane, 1973 Raleigh SuperCourse, 1981 Miyata 710, 1990 Miyata 600GT, 2007 Rivendell Bleriot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 117 Posts
Yes he did, Wiel. I believe it was on the Steve Allen Show. As far as Zappa on YT, I'm partial to 'Joe's Garage' and 'Bertram'. I had to hide my 200 Motels album from my folks because Zappa would rot my brain.