Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Gravel Riding Davis West Va

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-20, 08:00 AM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Gravel Riding Davis West Va

Hey all: I have done some riding in Davis, W.Va. but want to expand my adventures there. I am familiar with the Canaan Loop rd, Camp 70 rd, Shavers Fork Rd, and Government rd. I am looking into exploring the Canaan Wildlife Refuge. There seems to be some trails though not on Gravel map.com. Anyone have experience with A Frame Rd. or any other roads in the refuge?
Thanks, once I check it all out I will report back and maybe add some gravel roads to Gravelmap.com
Old 08-24-20, 06:02 PM
Dominae

Bikes: Trek Checkpoint; Cannondale Super X

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 22 Posts
I am in Davis right now. A Frame Road is not gravel as far as I know.
Old 08-24-20, 07:07 PM
balto charlie

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Dominae
I am in Davis right now. A Frame Road is not gravel as far as I know.
Thanks for the info. On the map, as it leaves RT48 it looks paved but as it travels east towards Camp 70 rd it looks like it becomes gravel. I hope to ride it next week, gravel grinding trip to Davis is fast approaching, hope to explore the Canaan Valley Wildlife refuge. Bikes allow on many trails,hoping they are more gravel then single track.
thanks again
Old 08-29-20, 06:42 PM
blazin
Blazer of saddles, trails

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Check out the different routes of the Gravel Race Up Spruce Knob. The longer routes go through and around Davis so might give you some ideas. Plus Travis does a good job marking which sections are paved, gravel, etc. Also, as you might be aware, there’s the nice gravel part of Canaan Loop and then there’s the monstrous ATV trail part of Canaan Loop...