Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Connecticut bicyling

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Connecticut bicyling

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-22, 05:29 PM
TLit

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Connecticut bicyling

I used to be a very active bicycler from high school on. In high school I would often ride a 35 mile tough loop after school. That may have been a Schwinn. Later I upgraded with a good used Univega which I got tremendous use out of doing many thousands of miles in one year in the 80s. I was once biking through Vermont west to east through the mountains around Mad River and Stow and had the front pannier rack break free of the frame sending me flipping over and bending the front forks. A kind couple stopped to give me a ride to Stowe and I was able to bend the frame fork back so I could still ride it, and made it back to Connecticut. I'm looking to get back into the sport.

I mainly do hiking, usually try to get in 6-7 miles on trails on local rugged terrain at parks. Biking is probably better in some respects as I have been experiencing foot pain due to weight issues.
Likes For TLit:
Old 05-17-22, 05:43 PM
KenCT

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 (2021) Cannondale Cujo 2 (2018) Cannondale Quick Carbon 1 (2017) Giant Sedona (2006) Cannondale R1000 (2001)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 238 Times in 105 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Nutmegger. What kind of riding are you interested in doing? There are several groups in the state that sponsor road, gravel, single track and paved trail rides if that is what you are into. Plenty of routes available here from relatively flat to some with a fair amount of hills.
Old 05-18-22, 09:30 AM
TLit

Originally Posted by KenCT
Welcome from a fellow Nutmegger. What kind of riding are you interested in doing? There are several groups in the state that sponsor road, gravel, single track and paved trail rides if that is what you are into. Plenty of routes available here from relatively flat to some with a fair amount of hills.
Thanks, not sure if they will let me post as I recently joined.
Old 05-18-22, 04:31 PM
Adhdsloth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Welcome
Old 05-18-22, 04:55 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3238 Post(s)
Liked 2,085 Times in 1,181 Posts
Welcome. Did you have a question you needed answered ?
Old 05-18-22, 06:06 PM
TLit

Originally Posted by Steve B.
Welcome. Did you have a question you needed answered ?
Wow, there is no way to communicate here with all the limits on posting for new members.

Last edited by TLit; 06-08-22 at 05:10 PM.