Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Large or XL Trek Top Fuel ?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Large or XL Trek Top Fuel ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-22, 10:09 AM
Rdmonster69
Shawn of the Dead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 216 Posts
Thank God if you count motorcycles I am up to 8 modes of 2 wheeled transport split evenly between bikes and motorcycles. I may be waiting but I will still be hitting trails, paths, twisty roads and taking MC trips.
Old 03-22-22, 10:19 AM
zorax2

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
I have Domane 60cm - 34" inseam, 6'2". Professionally fitted - perfection.

2017 Trek Fuel EX XL frame - initial discombobulated fit. At professional fit, changed to much shorter stem with up angle, changed to MUCH shorter SRAM AXS dropper post, changed handlebars (to more sweep and height?). It now fits well.

It's not a sports car for very tight turns / switchbacks. My OTSO XL Fat Bike turns much better in tight spots. I still believe this was the correct frame size for me within the Trek line as it's correct for legs and body length but it's definitely not a quick handler if those are the types of trails you ride. I find it a great bike for typical, flowing singletrack for most terrain in our area.
Old 03-22-22, 12:36 PM
Rdmonster69
Shawn of the Dead

Originally Posted by zorax2
I have Domane 60cm - 34" inseam, 6'2". Professionally fitted - perfection.

2017 Trek Fuel EX XL frame - initial discombobulated fit. At professional fit, changed to much shorter stem with up angle, changed to MUCH shorter SRAM AXS dropper post, changed handlebars (to more sweep and height?). It now fits well.
This kind of reassures me that the L is the right size for me. My 58 Domane is great from the factory and although our height is similar I have long legs and a short upper body. I have always n=been more of an L than an XL and I def want a faster handling machine as were I ride is not what I see called "flowy" on MTB videos. More tight and twisty....but I am expanding my riding this year so maybe I will get there.
Old 03-22-22, 01:00 PM
zorax2

Originally Posted by Rdmonster69
This kind of reassures me that the L is the right size for me. My 58 Domane is great from the factory and although our height is similar I have long legs and a short upper body. I have always n=been more of an L than an XL and I def want a faster handling machine as were I ride is not what I see called "flowy" on MTB videos. More tight and twisty....but I am expanding my riding this year so maybe I will get there.

Good call! I think the Large will be the better fit for you and the type of riding you do. I'm glad my post was helpful as I the thread was getting on the old side of things. No more sleepless nights wondering if your size choice was right anyway. Crazy times for buying a bike!
Old 03-22-22, 02:20 PM
Rdmonster69
Shawn of the Dead

Originally Posted by zorax2
Good call! I think the Large will be the better fit for you and the type of riding you do. I'm glad my post was helpful as I the thread was getting on the old side of things. No more sleepless nights wondering if your size choice was right anyway. Crazy times for buying a bike!
LOL ... For sure crazy times. I hope it makes its early July projected delivery date. Its actually not easy for guys our size to get bikes easy as we are on the taller side. That makes your input pretty valuable (for the internet anyway lol)

. I hope you like your Domane as much as I do. It is a sweet machine.
Old 03-22-22, 03:13 PM
zorax2

Domane = Best Bike EVER!

Came from Specialized Roubaix Expert to Domane SLR 7 / 9 Project One with SRAM AXS eTap.

Just passed 4,000 miles on the Domane in 13 months. Unbelievable comfort. Longest ride 130 miles with no fatigue - ran out of daylight.

Out yesterday on 30+ mile gravel ride with Pro 3V wheels and 40mm Conti TerraSpeed tires - fabulous.

Soon to be out on 50+ mile road rides with Aeolus XXX 4 aero wheels on 50+ mile rides.

What other bike can do that?

My neighbor just bought a fully loaded SLR 9 eTap and two wheelsets based on my riding experience.

We split our time between MTB, road and gravel in the summer. When there's snow (Minnesota), we're out on our Otso Fat bikes.

Over the last year, most (all?) the high volume riders in our neighborhood have outfitted their much or all of their collection of road, MTB, gravel and fat bikes with SRAM AXS shifting. Latest trend here is many are getting new wheels or the wheels redone with BERD spokes. I just got a set of BERD TR30s that I hope to get out on soon.

I'm in a crazy biking neighborhood where six neighbors (including one woman) within a single block have done Leadville so I'm fortunate there are a lot of great riders to ride with.

Enjoy the Top Fuel!!!