Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Did Canyon under price The Grand Canyon 7?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-22, 12:56 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts

Was attempting to have a discussion with someone on a James the bike guy via a YouTube video about the Trek Marlin 8. I pointed out that for the price of Marlin 8 there are other bikes that might be a better consideration. Specifically the new Canyon Grand Canyon 7. Similar price, but the Canyon seems to be a much better bike. Started wondering, did Canyon under price this bike in the U.S. This other guy I was discussing with is stating it is much more expensive where he is from, believe in England.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...lin-8/p/34649/

What do you all think? Is Canyon going to raise the price soon once they realize the price is too low for this bike?

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mountai...nfarbe=BU%2FBK

Old 02-22-22, 01:25 PM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 771 Posts
Canyon will always be lower priced for a comparable bike. They don't have a middle man like Trek.
Likes For prj71:
Old 02-22-22, 02:52 PM
travbikeman

Originally Posted by prj71
Canyon will always be lower priced for a comparable bike. They don't have a middle man like Trek.
Thanks, just thought it was interesting how Canyon charges different prices in different markets. Typically used to seeing the U.S with higher prices, not the UK.

But after the latest comments the other guy just gave on the YouTube thread, realizing he is just screwing around and not offering a legitimate discussion. So this might have been all for not.

He's being ignored now.
Old 02-24-22, 12:53 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 622 Posts
Three friends just purchased Marlin 7's and the bikes seem great for $1K. The 10 speed Shimano is preferable to 12 speed SRAM for beginners IMO, while Trek's CS has always been superb (for me) while I've heard Canyon's is suspect. The biggest plus(s) for the Canyon are a dropper and ability to upgrade, but my friends (very rich) will just buy new bikes if they like MTB.. Very difficult to compare some components like wheels, .
Likes For 2old:
Old 02-24-22, 01:33 PM
travbikeman

Originally Posted by 2old
The 10 speed Shimano is preferable to 12 speed SRAM for beginners IMO, while Trek's CS has always been superb (for me) while I've heard Canyon's is suspect. .
Yea, the SRAM SX drivetrain in both the Marlin 8 and the Canyon, I do not at all hear good things about it. Most likely be better to go for the Deore 10 speed drivetrain in the Marlin 7.

Good customer service would make the bike worth while to pay more for. I cannot remember ever hearing any truly negative situations from people on their Trek services, or I just don't remember. I have read stories on Canyon though.
Likes For travbikeman:
Old 02-24-22, 03:30 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,435 Times in 2,761 Posts
So you get into a beotch fight with someone on YouTube and invite them to bring it to BF? Thanks sweetie.

Old 02-24-22, 07:12 PM
travbikeman

Originally Posted by shelbyfv
So you get into a beotch fight with someone on YouTube and invite them to bring it to BF? Thanks sweetie.
Yea I did!.....Your welcome!

on a side note, I'm starting to limit my discussions on any forums. Not really getting much out of some of these and just tired of arguing... Seems anymore...anything is up for an argument.

Last edited by travbikeman; 02-24-22 at 07:15 PM.
Likes For travbikeman: