Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Pandemic Bike Purchasing

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Pandemic Bike Purchasing

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-20, 08:12 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
We are beyond busy at the shop and people are starting to get really nasty because we cannot fix their "small issue in five minutes" and we are almost a week out. There is another shop near us that is 3 weeks out and almost out of bikes. We were smart and bought bikes and keep doing massive orders each week. This whole thing is wearing us out as we don't get all this time off at home to relax. Our workload has quadrupled at least and things aren't slowing down.

As someone who is risking my life to help all of you (and no I am not a hero nor would I ever call myself one, I am just doing my job) be nice to your local shop and those who work there. Understand there are major delays and things take time. Just be extra extra extra patient and polite. If you have a bad attitude or are unhappy because you have been cooped up indoors, take some time and change your attitude and then come back when you are a little bit more positive and understanding. We are not therapists nor are we punching bags, we are human beings trying to get through this crisis just like everyone else. I am super grateful that I still have a job in all this but being abused for it is not cool.

Also please understand every other shop is going through the same issues so if you found a bike at the shop you just called BUY IT, if you waited in line to drop off your bike for service LEAVE IT. Nothing will change elsewhere everyone is going to all the shops that are open and they are all busy.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 05-07-20, 10:32 AM
Chad991

Bikes: Lynsky Helix Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 31 Posts
Place here called Mike's bike park has 15+ brand new bikes, salsa,airborne, kona, a sweet full suspension used trek, and some bmx....they seem to be doing good business as I watched a guy with what had to be a early 80s? trek(lugged frame) ....dirty and rotten tires bringing it in to get "tuned up"..
Old 05-07-20, 10:34 AM
BuckeyeRider
Banned.

Bikes: No name builds

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Definitely more people being active, and less supply