Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Your Catch of the Day / Saved from the Dump!

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Your Catch of the Day / Saved from the Dump!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-10, 12:01 PM
Maddox
Ride heavy metal.

Bikes: '74 Raleigh LTD-3, '76 Motobecane Grand Jubile, '83 Fuji TSIII (customized commuter), '10 Mercier Kilo WT (fixed obsession), '83 Bianchi Alloro, '92 Bridgestone MB-1 (project), '83 Specialized Expedition (project), '79 Peugeot UO-8 (sold)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Welcome to the forums Janet - and sorry if this comes across as harsh, but this really isn't a place to promote your juice business. People visit this forum for vintage bike-related info, not to be spammed with links to posters' internet businesses.

I'm just giving you fair warning, because forum moderators will usually ban spammers.

Last edited by TejanoTrackie; 03-29-10 at 12:59 PM. Reason: removed spammer message - banned
Old 03-29-10, 01:29 PM
kingfish254

Bikes: 1989 Dahon Stainless Classic III Folder - 1990 Dahon Mariner Classic III Folder - 2005 Dahon Jetstream P8 Full Suspension Folder

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Im Fixed
Pulled these parts off a junk frame The light and generator are Vintage New watson made in France and the stem shifters are shimano 333 the first Ive seen pretty nifty

I would love those shifters on a rat rod project.

Cool vintage light too.
Old 03-29-10, 02:19 PM
khatfull
FBoD Member at Large

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikedued
UPDATE!! All polished and ready for riding. Even the tires hold air

Did the Rolls come on it?!
Old 03-29-10, 03:41 PM
Glennfordx4

Bikes: Too many Bicycles to list

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Im Fixed
Pulled these parts off a junk frame The light and generator are Vintage New watson made in France and the stem shifters are shimano 333 the first Ive seen pretty nifty

A friend that was moving just gave me a couple of bicycles he was going to leave behind and the only reason I took them was because one of them had the same shifters except the knobs are white. They are cool looking.
Old 03-29-10, 06:17 PM
Bikedued

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by khatfull
Did the Rolls come on it?!
I wish, hehe. It had a lycra covered gel thing that had long since turned to dust, and the "skin" was barely hanging on. The Rolls came off of my PX-10, which I have
been trying to sell off and on for the last 8-10 months. It's friggin huge that bike!

Anyways, I rode the DB to work today, and it's been quite a while since a bike has gone out of it's way to impress me in such a way. Even with the tight rear triangle,
it rides a bit like a touring bike. You physically have to force it to not follow a straight line. It also seems to handle like a dream, and rides like a cloud. No doubt most
of this is due to the Centurion heritage, but wow! I have spent almost zero time on tig welded steel road bikes, but I sure picked a nice candidate to start with. They got
it right on these bikes, in a big way,,,,BD
Old 03-29-10, 06:57 PM
Bikedued

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
I just dug out some old Avenir bare aluminum bottle cages I had stashed away. I did a quick polish on them, and installed. With the Avenir equipped top tube decal, it
seemed like the right thing to do, hehe. Looks great.,,,,BD
Old 03-30-10, 10:22 AM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
This bike was ridden two times and stored 35+ years. New cables, gumwall tires, and some polish will bring her to life. The lights work!

Old 03-30-10, 05:08 PM
fiataccompli
Steel Member

Bikes: N + 1

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Beautiful Peugeot!
Old 03-30-10, 05:19 PM
YoKev
hi

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
whoa!
Old 03-30-10, 05:36 PM
fiataccompli
Steel Member

Bikes: N + 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This never happens to me at home, but since i love thrift stores out of town, i decided run by a Goodwill while visiting family in FL (actually, we all like going to thrift stores, i'm just the only one who's interested in bikes)...and, this 4130 Giant-built Schwinn World Sport 14 speed beauty had just come in & was just tagged (with a new, but bubbly gum-walled spare tire for the rear) at 10$

everything moves & rotates freely, so this should clean up & make someone a really nice commuter for cheap.
Old 03-30-10, 06:32 PM
auchencrow

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by robtown
This bike was ridden two times and stored 35+ years. New cables, gumwall tires, and some polish will bring her to life. The lights work!

That ^ is one gorgeous mixtie there robtown !
Old 03-30-10, 06:41 PM
auchencrow

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by fiataccompli
This never happens to me at home.... this 4130 Giant-built Schwinn World Sport 14 speed beauty ...at 10$

Wow - That never happens to me either !
- Congrats on striking a little bit of gold there in sunny Florida!
Old 03-30-10, 06:48 PM
margiwarg

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My first vintage bike! I’ve been looking forever for a smaller frame that I could afford. Vancouver’s bike market is insane!

Anywhoo, I just picked this up off craigslist. It’s an Allegro ‘Club Tour’. I can’t find any info on it on the internet, maybe because it’s of some obscure Canadian breed. It has a little sticker that says “Canadian design, Japanese quality”. It has Tange Infinity Cr-Mo tubing. Seems like an old touring frame that I can hopefully turn into a nice commuter. It has 18 speeds, cantilever brakes, eyelets for rack and fenders, came with the rear rack and fender…

It’s pretty dirty and there is a bit of rust on some of the nuts and bolts which hopefully won’t be a problem. I plan on giving it a good cleaning and fixing it up.

I will now attempt to post photos:

Old 03-30-10, 07:26 PM
4Rings6Stars
Señor Member

Bikes: Bedford, IF, Hampsten, DeSalvo, Intense Carbine 27.5, Raleigh Sports, Bianchi C.u.S.S, Soma DC Disc, Bill Boston Tandem

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
^^ I don't know anything about the brand but that looks like a great bike. Clean it up and you will have a very solid commuter that could handle some loaded touring. I hope it fits!
Old 03-30-10, 07:35 PM
Chris_in_Miami
missing in action

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by margiwarg
My first vintage bike! I’ve been looking forever for a smaller frame that I could afford. Vancouver’s bike market is insane!

Anywhoo, I just picked this up off craigslist. It’s an Allegro ‘Club Tour’. I can’t find any info on it on the internet, maybe because it’s of some obscure Canadian breed. It has a little sticker that says “Canadian design, Japanese quality”. It has Tange Infinity Cr-Mo tubing. Seems like an old touring frame that I can hopefully turn into a nice commuter. It has 18 speeds, cantilever brakes, eyelets for rack and fenders, came with the rear rack and fender…

It’s pretty dirty and there is a bit of rust on some of the nuts and bolts which hopefully won’t be a problem. I plan on giving it a good cleaning and fixing it up.

Looks like a great score margiwarg, it'll probably clean up beautifully. Touring bikes in that size are hard to find by many accounts...
Old 03-30-10, 07:36 PM
Oscuro

Bikes: LHT, International, 310

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Nice find!
Old 03-30-10, 07:45 PM
YoKev
hi

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
That Allegro looks pretty nice
Old 03-30-10, 08:17 PM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by auchencrow
That ^ is one gorgeous mixtie there robtown !
Thanks. I'll enjoy spending some time getting her pristine. I hope my wife will like her (when she returns from a trip) but that's unlikely. The fallback is finding a couple Ebay buyers willing to bid her to the sky. Mafac brakes, fenders, rack, full working lights - she is nice.
Old 03-30-10, 08:22 PM
DiegoFrogs

Bikes: '77 Centurion "Pro Tour"; '67 Carlton "The Flyer"; 1984 Ross MTB (stored at parents' house)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 61 Posts
The Shimano vertical dropouts indicate that it was probably a pretty high-end touring bike for its time. The low-key brand will just help it fly under the radar in the application that you chose. It really looks like it will clean up just fine.
Old 03-30-10, 09:23 PM
PlatyPius
Arsehole

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by robtown
this bike was ridden two times and stored 35+ years. New cables, gumwall tires, and some polish will bring her to life. The lights work!

want!
Old 03-30-10, 09:26 PM
PlatyPius
Arsehole

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've seen 2 Allegros in my life. They're pretty sweet bikes. They seem to be possibly made by the same factory that made Japanese Bianchis.
Old 03-30-10, 09:49 PM
Grim

Bikes: Cannondale T700s and a few others

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fiataccompli
This never happens to me at home, but since i love thrift stores out of town, i decided run by a Goodwill while visiting family in FL (actually, we all like going to thrift stores, i'm just the only one who's interested in bikes)...and, this 4130 Giant-built Schwinn World Sport 14 speed beauty had just come in & was just tagged (with a new, but bubbly gum-walled spare tire for the rear) at 10$

everything moves & rotates freely, so this should clean up & make someone a really nice commuter for cheap.
Landed a 88 WS for $12.95 but it sure wasn't in near as good of shape.

Nice catch. Should clean up very good. They ride great.

Looks like a 85. That didn't come stock as a 14. Should be Suntour AR front and rear with 6 speed cluster.
https://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1...90/index4.html
Old 03-30-10, 10:23 PM
Grim

Bikes: Cannondale T700s and a few others

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Found some pictures of the Japanese Bianchi's and the Lug work looks different. Honestly the dished seat lug looks the same as what was on my Miyata six ten and the Corsaro Mixtee I had. Same with the BB and and cable guides. Now my Lotus has a bit different seat lug with Lotus on the top of the seat stays but I have seen Miyatas have lugs that say Miyata in that location. My Lotus was built by Tsunoda by all accounts.

Miyata was suppose to be making every component in house including their tubing and I really wonder how many manufactures were buying from loose parts from Miyata?

Interestingly The Riv Atlantis now has a seat lug that looks like that.

Crank should have a date code on the arm. I think you are looking about 85-86
https://www.vintage-trek.com/component_dates.htm
Old 03-31-10, 02:17 AM
margiwarg

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on the Allegro. I’ve spent more hours than I’d like to admit looking at other people’s bikes on here, and I’m pretty excited to have something of my own to post!

I took at look at the website with the date codes. So many date codes! Mine looks like the “code 3” style. They’re Sugino VT cranks, and the codes look like this:

Left Arm: VT (in circle) / 593 (in circle with three dots) / Sugino Japan 4 / 170
Right Arm: 571 (in circle with no dots) / Sugino Japan 3 / 170

So maybe as they’ve speculated on the website, the 5 on both arms could mean 1985?
Old 03-31-10, 05:29 PM
kingfish254

Bikes: 1989 Dahon Stainless Classic III Folder - 1990 Dahon Mariner Classic III Folder - 2005 Dahon Jetstream P8 Full Suspension Folder

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Picked up a cool project bike today. Late sixties Graziella folding 16" tandem.

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...1#post10605141

Last edited by kingfish254; 03-31-10 at 05:36 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.