Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Fork Mount Cage Opinions Please

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-22, 12:19 PM
MattyWillPDX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Hi,
Any suggestions about brands of fork cages, max capacity, and mounting stability would be greatly appreciated. In the past I had a fork without bosses so I was using the cages that bungee around my fork. I just bought a Crust Bombora with the steel low trail fork with two boss mounts on either side I believe? Ive seen other bikes with four and hopefully that won't limit my selection. I'm hoping to carry my Big Agnes tent on one side and not sure what on the other side yet? Please also speak of how you pack your cages as I'm also looking for new packing strategies.
I ride with a frame, handlebar, and seat bag and now two fork mounted cages. I usually split my food between my frame bag and handlebar bag. My handlebar bag also carries two water bottles on the outside and the inside carries that days food, random assortment of clothes, tools and space for grocery items when that happens. My tent on my fork. My sleeping bag and other clothes in my seat bag.
Critique at will.
Thanks
Old 12-03-22, 08:12 PM
aggiegrads

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 309 Times in 180 Posts
I really like the King Cages Manything cages. They use triple mounts, but you cal likely get away with two if that is all your crust can take.
Old 12-04-22, 03:35 PM
gravelfan

Bikes: Two Independent Fabrications, a Niner RLT, and a Trek Domane

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts
I have Salsa Anything Cages. I haven't had to use them for much but they are well made and can carry a lot in the drybag.
Old 12-08-22, 02:17 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,697 Times in 2,518 Posts
I am making my own, but the last time I looked there were a lot of different ones and a lot of nice looking ones are not that expensive.