Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

If you order from PBK...

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

If you order from PBK...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-12, 10:47 AM
JustinNY

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you order from PBK...

How long does your standard shipping take? I'm on my 8th business day. No tracking number with standard shipping apparently (wish I knew that before placing the order)
Old 07-20-12, 10:48 AM
tagaproject6

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP (Record);Cinelli Xperience (Force);Specialized Allez (Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Centaur); Colnago AC-R Disc;Colnago V1r Limited Edition;De Rosa King 3 Limited(Force 22);DeRosa Merak(Red):Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Hydro(Di2)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 278 Times in 146 Posts
Depends. I have had orders delivered at 3 days (fastest so far) and one at 30 days. On the average...about 5 days.
Old 07-20-12, 10:51 AM
JustinNY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tagaproject6
Depends. I have had orders delivered at 3 days (fastest so far) and one at 30 days. On the average...about 5 days.
Old 07-20-12, 10:54 AM
Stickney
Longing for a Tail Wind

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Can't recall specifically -- 7-10 business days - 2 weeks total.
Old 07-20-12, 10:54 AM
LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

Bikes: GMC Denali

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 31 Posts
Receive most of my orders within a week. Had one take over a month but that was due to weather related issues.
Old 07-20-12, 10:58 AM
primov8

Bikes: State Bicycle Co. Undefeated Track SS/FG, Lynskey Helix-Bronze

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 95 Posts
I ordered Continental competition tubulars Sunday evening and our doorman had it in his hands when we arrived home Wednesday evening. That's the quickest so far from PBK; although I placed an order in Jan but ended up filing for a refund from PayPal because it was never delivered.
Old 07-20-12, 11:03 AM
brian416
Roadie

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Same here, products from the UK generally get to my door quicker than from US companies.
Old 07-20-12, 11:06 AM
Elduderino2412
Tour De French Fries

Bikes: 2010 Cervelo R3 SL & 2013 Airborne Goblin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i just ordered a garmin edge 500 from them yesterday. They didn't send me an invoice after order. i can't seem to contact them by email. Phone would charge me international calling. So far all i know they have done is take my money. I wouldn't order from them again.
Old 07-20-12, 11:08 AM
lokerola

Bikes: Specialized Allez Comp Cro-Mo

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
I live in the DC area. It usually takes about 2 weeks - 14 days.

Old 07-20-12, 11:30 AM
jesspal

Bikes: 2009 BMC SLX01/2016 Santa Cruz Bronson

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Things like wheels, 3 business days. Smaller items usually 8-10 business days.
Old 07-20-12, 11:46 AM
PhotoJoe 
Just Plain Slow

Bikes: Lynskey R230

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Elduderino2412
i just ordered a garmin edge 500 from them yesterday. They didn't send me an invoice after order. i can't seem to contact them by email. Phone would charge me international calling. So far all i know they have done is take my money. I wouldn't order from them again.
You ordered from the YESTERDAY. I'd cut them a little slack and wait for them to screw you over before assuming they already have. And, if you want to email them, why don't you go to the contract us link at the bottom of the page and email them?
Old 07-20-12, 12:00 PM
Elduderino2412
Tour De French Fries

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PhotoJoe
You ordered from the YESTERDAY. I'd cut them a little slack and wait for them to screw you over before assuming they already have. And, if you want to email them, why don't you go to the contract us link at the bottom of the page and email them?
i already did email them yesterday. It's kind of frustrating not being able to contact them, it's strange i didn't get an order invoice. I'm sure i'll get my order after seeing everybody elses responses here, but i will pay extra for better customer service next time. Didn't know if it was some sort of scam site. I guess less staff equals lower prices, but i'll just pay extra next time.
Old 07-20-12, 12:08 PM
tagaproject6

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP (Record);Cinelli Xperience (Force);Specialized Allez (Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Centaur); Colnago AC-R Disc;Colnago V1r Limited Edition;De Rosa King 3 Limited(Force 22);DeRosa Merak(Red):Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Hydro(Di2)

i already did email them yesterday. It's kind of frustrating not being able to contact them, it's strange i didn't get an order invoice. I'm sure i'll get my order after seeing everybody elses responses here, but i will pay extra for better customer service next time. Didn't know if it was some sort of scam site. I guess less staff equals lower prices, but i'll just pay extra next time.
Yeah, just order from Amazon next time, or you can just use your LBS. PBK is not for everybody specially if you want instantaneous response times.

Any reason why you used them if you "didn't know if it was some sort of scam site"? Are you one of those that do research after the purchase?
Old 07-20-12, 12:08 PM
JustinNY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you should be able to see your order on your account dashboard on the site
Old 07-20-12, 12:12 PM
manutd
Treble Member

Bikes: '07 Cervelo P2C, '12 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert, 2011 Specialized TriCross Comp.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dude, sign into your account on their website and you can look up the status of your order. Maybe you should relax a minute before you spout off

...that being said, PBK usually take about 2 weeks to ship to Canada. I almost always get a customs and handling charge on orders over $50. Usually still cheaper than LBS with their prices.

I ordered a pair of 105 pedals at the end of May. they never showed up. I did eventually get a refund but it took me waiting for 30 full business days and then about 6 or 7 emails for it to finally happen. Usually I'd email them and they'd take 2 days to respond and ask the same questions they originally asked. But I DID get the refund so I am happy enough.

I've ordered from them a lot and this has been the first issue I've had (other than a jersey that didn't fit and I had to pay to ship it back for a new size)

I just got a pair of Ultegra pedals for $109 on Amazon.com and they were at my door in 2 days. This was a nice option but they don't have the selection that PBK does.
Old 07-20-12, 12:15 PM
EdIsMe

Bikes: 2011 Neuvation FC100, 2013 Mercier Kilo TT Pro, 1984 Peugeot SV-L

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just ordered some tire liners for a granny bike I'm fixing up last night. I also received email confirmation of my order last night.

No shipping info yet, but I expect 1-2 business days for that.

If it follows suite with previous orders, it'll ship out Monday or Tuesday and I'll receive it before Friday the next week.
Old 07-20-12, 12:17 PM
Scorer75

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Within 2 weeks.
Old 07-20-12, 12:19 PM
tagaproject6

Originally Posted by JustinNY
How long does your standard shipping take? I'm on my 8th business day. No tracking number with standard shipping apparently (wish I knew that before placing the order)
What are you ordering?
Old 07-20-12, 12:20 PM
VeeDubOne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Relax. US orders are typically delivered in 5-8 business days. It has to come from across the Atlantic, and they do it for free...dont expect next-day. Their email confirmation comes in a day's time (i know, unlike Amazon). I've used them a lot and I wouldn't worry about it. I've got acceptable response form them via email too. Scam site? Do your research BEFORE.
Old 07-20-12, 12:21 PM
JustinNY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by manutd
...that being said, PBK usually take about 2 weeks to ship to Canada. I almost always get a customs and handling charge on orders over $50. Usually still cheaper than LBS with their prices.
Is this charge applied at checkout?
Old 07-20-12, 12:22 PM
Elduderino2412
Tour De French Fries

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JustinNY
you should be able to see your order on your account dashboard on the site
I can't seem to sign into my account. Either i typed wrong email address or something happened on their site. Can't get in touch with them to figure out what happened. It's probably my own fault, but it would be nice to clear it up.

Yeah, just order from Amazon next time, or you can just use your LBS. PBK is not for everybody specially if you want instantaneous response times.

Any reason why you used them if you "didn't know if it was some sort of scam site"? Are you one of those that do research after the purchase?
Looked on a couple of forums, but sometimes sites start and respond to threads to make them look legit. usually you can tell the bogus threads from real ones.

I'm sure i will get my stuff, but it would be nice to be able to contact them instantly w/o having to pay for international calling. That kind of negates any money i saved by using them.

sorry for hijacking the thread, i'm done venting

Last edited by Elduderino2412; 07-20-12 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-20-12, 12:23 PM
therhodeo

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All of my orders have come in under 5 days.
Old 07-20-12, 12:31 PM
tagaproject6

I can't seem to sign into my account. Either i typed wrong email address or something happened on their site. Can't get in touch with them to figure out what happened. It's probably my own fault, but it would be nice to clear it up.

Looked on a couple of forums, but sometimes sites start and respond to threads to make them look legit. usually you can tell the bogus threads from real ones.

I'm sure i will get my stuff, but it would be nice to be able to contact them instantly w/o having to pay for international calling. That kind of negates any money i saved by using them.

sorry for hijacking the thread, i'm done venting
Just wait until you order from Ribble. I have had a lot of dealings with them since I order a lot of Campagnolo...there were a few instances when I won't even see a progress on my orders/invoice for three days. I would email and the wait would be at least 24 hours. But so far, the longest delivery was 7 days.

I haven't had to make a phone call, just e-mails.
Old 07-20-12, 12:43 PM
pallen
Descends like a rock

Bikes: Scott Foil, Surly Pacer

Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Old 07-20-12, 12:48 PM
Elduderino2412
Tour De French Fries

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pallen
Ha, yeah i guess i order so much online i'm used to a certain protocol from companies; i have gotten a little spoiled.
Louis is hilarious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.