Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

2nd wheelset?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-21, 09:37 AM
Gryffin123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I ended up buying the RD2.0 wheelset last night. They look brand new and the hubs are the exact model as my stock wheelset. The price was right for now.

I already have the same cassette as my stock wheelset which I will move from my indoor trainer to the new-to-me wheelset. I just need to get some rotors to finish setting these up. I’ve found some on eBay for cheap, but I’m concerned they are knockoffs from Taiwan even though the seller lists them as shipping from the US.
Likes For Gryffin123:
Old 04-29-21, 11:39 AM
jonathanf2

Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked 1,052 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by Gryffin123
I ended up buying the RD2.0 wheelset last night. They look brand new and the hubs are the exact model as my stock wheelset. The price was right for now.

I already have the same cassette as my stock wheelset which I will move from my indoor trainer to the new-to-me wheelset. I just need to get some rotors to finish setting these up. I’ve found some on eBay for cheap, but I’m concerned they are knockoffs from Taiwan even though the seller lists them as shipping from the US.
I'm not sure if you used the same rotor vendor I linked, but I received my centerlock rotors from Ebay within two days mailed from Portland, OR. I'm a little suspect they might be knock-offs due to how cheap they are, but the rotors are stamped as Shimano, seem to be well made, sturdy and true. I went riding with them and had no issues. Good luck!
Old 04-29-21, 12:21 PM
Gryffin123

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not the same seller, but similar pricing and also from Portland, OR. I was searching out the OEM rotor which is TRP.
Old 05-03-21, 06:15 AM
Gryffin123

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Update:

Got the new-to-me wheelset set up. They fit exactly the same as my original wheelset- no adjustment or shimming required. Went with Shimano discs that were in stock locally. It has 32mm Panaracer Gravelking slicks with tubes.

The original wheelset has 37mm Riddlers that are now set up tubeless.

Very happy with this setup.
Likes For Gryffin123:
Old 05-10-21, 01:11 PM
xseal

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 25 Posts
I did something similar, got a set of road wheels with 32c GP5000s and they roll great on pavement. Normal wheels have 40c Maxxis Ramblers.