Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Relaxed Position on Kickr Bike?

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-23, 01:08 PM
andydallas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

I just got a kickr bike, unfortunately 2 days later I found out I am going to have rotator cuff surgery from a crash in March. I will be allowed to use recumbent bike a few days after rsurgery, but no 'regular' bike position. I started playing with the kickr bike and realized I could really get into a relaxed position, nearly like a recumbent. I spent an hour on the trainer in a postion a little more relaxed positon, and realized for waht I am doing, zone 2 work), how much would I lose by having the bike a little more upright than my road bike.

Obviously it won't give me the core work I also need, but I can keep my legs going in the relaxed position (again more relaxed than road bike but not too much so)

How much would I be losing doing this even before the surgery, and does anyone else do this?
Old 11-15-23, 07:08 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4423 Post(s)
Liked 4,876 Times in 3,019 Posts
What are you expecting to lose? If you can pedal in Z2 in whatever position is comfortable then you will get pretty much all the benefits of a Z2 workout.
Old 11-15-23, 07:32 PM
andydallas

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
What are you expecting to lose? If you can pedal in Z2 in whatever position is comfortable then you will get pretty much all the benefits of a Z2 workout.
Thanks, that what I was thinking but waned to see if I was overlooking anything,
Old 11-18-23, 05:29 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,701 Times in 2,521 Posts
By going to a more relaxed position, you will develop some muscles a little more and some others will probably lose some strength. Nothing you can't get back fairly quickly.

One year, I did a lot of intensity standing up, and I noticed that climbing hills while sitting got somewhat more difficult. So I stood up a lot.

I came back from a ride one time and a guy with a really upright position on a hybrid spotted me and took off, like we were racing. So of course I had to chase him down, but couldn't do it. I figured he had developed some unusual cycling muscles.