Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Can I use strava and another bike app at the same time?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-17, 08:32 PM
MikeOK
Yo

Bikes: 2003 Yeti AS-R, 2018 Waltly ti

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I use motifit ride as my main app, I just downloaded strava, both apps use heart rate, both apps use gps. I was wondering if I can use them at the same time? Also, how do you enter your data in strava like age, weight, etc?
Old 07-12-17, 08:41 PM
johngwheeler

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeOK
I use motifit ride as my main app, I just downloaded strava, both apps use heart rate, both apps use gps. I was wondering if I can use them at the same time? Also, how do you enter your data in strava like age, weight, etc?
I'm not sure about the using both the apps simultaneously, but you can often export the GPS route data from one app to another. I use Cyclemeter, and this has an option to upload to Strava when you finish the ride.

Interestingly, Strava processes the raw GPS data differently calculates different distances & average speeds. These seem to be closer to my Garmin GPS unit, so maybe Strava is more accurate than Cyclemeter?

You can add your profile data into Strava from the web site. Log in, then find your user icon on the top right, and select "settings".

John.
Old 07-12-17, 09:11 PM
MikeOK
Yo

Bikes: 2003 Yeti AS-R, 2018 Waltly ti

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I think I got it figured out, thanks. I also exported my rides from motifit to strava, the elevation is about right in strava, it's way off in motifit. Also, even though I have the same number of rides in both apps, my distance is about 2 miles different.
Old 07-12-17, 11:36 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Liked 2,814 Times in 1,808 Posts
I often run three apps simultaneously on my older iPhone 4s. Typically Cyclemeter, Strava and Charity Miles. No problems. I like to compare Cyclemeter and Strava because they often differ slightly. And maybe once a month one will lose GPS sync but the other usually doesn't.

No problems until I use the camera or map app, then I need to restart the cycling apps where they paused. No loss of data. Strava and Cyclemeter just pick up where they paused.

I haven't tried running those and Ride With GPS or Map My Ride simultaneously. Not familiar enough with either to use 'em yet.
Old 07-12-17, 11:45 PM
Mack3601

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Sport Disk, Genesis GS29

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use strava, mapmyrides and biko all at the same time.