Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

RİTCHEY Ascent Comp 88-89..

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

RİTCHEY Ascent Comp 88-89..

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-22, 08:01 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
If @MMonde is willing, a simple solution would be drop off at a bike shop for packing and shipping with Bikeflights.

Also, @MMonde , do you have the center to center seatpost and top tube size?
Old 02-15-22, 08:59 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by tricky
If @MMonde is willing, a simple solution would be drop off at a bike shop for packing and shipping with Bikeflights.

This bike is tempting; agreed doing this via a bike shop is the way to go. The sizing would be a big help as well.
Old 02-16-22, 08:19 AM
MMonde

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Shipping and size

Originally Posted by tricky

The frame is medium,i think 52cm size..but ill get the right lenghts for you guys..
The bike cant be taken to a shop because my father in law is getting older and he cant do all these arrangements.
IF you can Contact a bike shop in the Área( 80550, Windsor,CO) and make them from your side,feel free to get It rolling and I will make sure the bike is ready when u tell me .
Old 02-16-22, 09:03 AM
bikemig 

Originally Posted by MMonde
The frame is medium,i think 52cm size..but ill get the right lenghts for you guys..
The bike cant be taken to a shop because my father in law is getting older and he cant do all these arrangements.
IF you can Contact a bike shop in the Área( 80550, Windsor,CO) and make them from your side,feel free to get It rolling and I will make sure the bike is ready when u tell me .
A 52 cm is close to 20 inches; that looks closer to 18 but that's just a guess on my part. Perhaps a friend of your father in law can take it to the shop? There might be a facilitator in C&V who will take care of this as well.

Someone will buy this bike.I really, really don't need another bike but I'm tempted.
Old 02-16-22, 11:33 AM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
Someone will buy this bike.I really, really don't need another bike but I'm tempted.
Agreed! If this could be shipped it would sell a lot faster for the $300 asking price.
Old 02-16-22, 04:21 PM
MMonde

Price on shipping and boxing plus size

I called what seems to be the bigger bike shop in Windsor,and explain the idea to a very helpful guy named David..He explained that they could prepare the bike ,probably pick it too,and the price is 150$.It IS their standard price ,they do It and know how to.He explained that quité a lot needs to be done in orden to get It right and safe .He also said that shipping is quité high these days and 120 € or more should be expected ,so around 300 dollars for shipping/boxing.
Also got the measurements, top tube is 23 inches and seatpost is 20 inch.So i Guess its a medium size ..I will post It again on CL northern Colorado for a local deal if possible..I would think that a lot of people would LOVE to restore this bike !!!!

Last edited by MMonde; 02-16-22 at 04:30 PM.
Likes For MMonde:
Old 02-17-22, 06:53 AM
bikemig 

Ritchey catalogs are available. This is the page from the '88 catalog for the Ascent Comp. It reminds me a lot of my '88 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp, u-brake and all:

Last edited by bikemig; 02-17-22 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-17-22, 02:58 PM
MMonde

Thanks

Yes,I went through all the catálogs,forums,interviews and have seen all the models of the brand,talked to Ritchey bikes and asked Tom himself if he remembered the color..
the only catálog missing is the 87 ..there are no photos ,pictures or info on the 1987 releases..The Royal Blue frame with Green decals does not show anywhere..serial number though seems to be consistent with Ascent frames made in USA by Tom and his welders..So 87-88-89..not even the Guys from Ritchey were able to determine the exact year...
Old 02-19-22, 12:54 PM
bikemig 

The '88 catalog says that other colors are available. Perhaps this was a special order on the color?