Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Be Careful out there!

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Be Careful out there!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-21, 11:35 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Rider_1
5500 miles? No way! Didn't happen! There, see how easy it is to spew crap? Anyway, I knew you had to have the last word. Insecure people like you are so predictable.

Looking up posting frequency? For real? It’s right there on the left, under his name and AV! Are you really that oblivious? No, what’s really dangerous is him thinking he knows whose sock puppet I am. Now he’ll direct his anger at an innocent member. That’s a real danger. After all, he has exhibited a lack of anger management.

Don't need to worry because of the area, then mugged in a nice area! Now that's a self own! Also, way to vindicate me LOL!

Since you brought it up, I saw this later on:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/3-...&ICID=ref_fark

The relevant part:

“GPD says the gunman was wearing a baseball hat, a blue surgical mask, and dark-colored athletic shorts. He was not wearing a shirt.

Remember, LDLions started this. My original post didn’t refer to him or anyone else. He took it upon himself to insult me and try to dominate me. He’s a bully, and I love putting guys like that in their place, which isn’t too difficult here, the arguments are so weak. Again, I didn't start this. You guys should really reflect on why you feel personally offended and need to jump on people when it doesn't involve you in any way. After all, isn't that what people are saying in the thread about giving unsolicited advice? To keep your comments to yourself? Hypocrites. Then again LDL seems like the type to arrogantly offer his "expertise" to strangers. Emphasis on arrogant.

Bet you can't keep you mouth shut this time, either.

Really lame, troll better. Guess you couldn't wait the week, huh? Watch out for killer pine cones.
Old 12-31-21, 11:53 AM
Rider_1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Really lame, troll better. Guess you couldn't wait the week, huh? Watch out for killer pine cones.
Ahahahahaha! I knew you had to respond! You have no arguments! Owned! Give it up gramps!

BTW, that wasn't trolling, that was a slam dunk! Now go away and feel shame.

Last edited by Rider_1; 12-31-21 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-31-21, 11:56 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6974 Post(s)
Liked 10,975 Times in 4,695 Posts
I knew you had to have the last word. Insecure people like you are so predictable.
Looks like livedarklions isn't the poster who's intent on having the last word.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 12-31-21, 12:02 PM
Rider_1

Originally Posted by Koyote
So? He started it, I'm ending it. He's been wrong about everything. I should have the last word. Can't let BS like his stand. In this I do want the last word. Feel better now?
Old 12-31-21, 12:02 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Originally Posted by Koyote

He's now on my ignore list. I feel bad though because now I'll miss it when he brags about his great skill of avoiding being hit by meteorites.
Old 12-31-21, 12:05 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6974 Post(s)
Liked 10,975 Times in 4,695 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
He's now on my ignore list. I feel bad though because now I'll miss it when he brags about his great skill of avoiding being hit by meteorites.
Good call. For a person who is so proud of his situational awareness, he’s got shockingly little self-awareness.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 12-31-21, 12:07 PM
Rider_1

"It's a brifter. I'm calling it a brifter. Brifter, brifter, brifter.
I don't care if you think it sounds stupid. Brifter."

This tells you everything you need to know about his childish attitude.
Old 12-31-21, 12:15 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by rsbob
“roid rage”. Love it! There was a local cycling group with matching jerseys that read “Hemoriders”.

In several decades of cycling I have had just about everything you can imagine happen to me, (including be shot at) and I just keep as far right as possible and don’t give anyone grief. There are just those kind of people out there. Can’t imagine getting in a gun fight with just my bike and them in a pickup with a weapon. So many ways to die.

Basically, I think the only strategy that's likely to work for me if I'm ambushed by an armed nut is evasion, taking advantage of the bike's ability to be turned on a dime and race off as fast as possible. Pipe guy found out it's a lot harder to knock a fast-moving rider off a bike than it looks, even with a club-type weapon.
Old 12-31-21, 12:23 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by cubewheels
Steel is also nice. You can ride dented steel or aluminum rims for many years without worries.

Would not recommend carbon if there are many pipe armed Shirtless guy NPC's in your area.

I think if I lived somewhere where I thought survival of a pipe-wielding attacker was a major criterion for the selection of my bikes or components, I'm probably reevaluating whether I'm going to keep riding.

I don't even look at carbon rims because I'm a cheap bastard.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 12-31-21, 02:17 PM
Rider_1

Just thought I’d add these, from this very forum:

https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plu...pine-cone.html

https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...pine-cone.html

You think you’re so smart and putting me in my place. You owe many people an apology. Losers!
Old 12-31-21, 02:38 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by cubewheels
Ha! Alternatives are not really better, including driving so I'd rather keep on riding.

Yes, you definitely have to deal with stuff I don't have to, I've always admired your dedication to riding more than you absolutely have to under some very tough conditions.

Still, I don't really think "it might get hit with a pipe" is the main reason you prefer metal rims. I'm with you on that, you just get better value, and they're usually repairable.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 12-31-21, 09:36 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
5500 miles? No way! Didn't happen! There, see how easy it is to spew crap? Anyway, I knew you had to have the last word. Insecure people like you are so predictable.

Looking up posting frequency? For real? It’s right there on the left, under his name and AV! Are you really that oblivious? No, what’s really dangerous is him thinking he knows whose sock puppet I am. Now he’ll direct his anger at an innocent member. That’s a real danger. After all, he has exhibited a lack of anger management.

Edit: Or maybe it was the simple math of averaging that confused you. Posts over number of days? Better call Einstein!

Don't need to worry because of the area, then mugged in a nice area! Now that's a self own! Also, way to vindicate me LOL!

Since you brought it up, I saw this later on:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/3-...&ICID=ref_fark

The relevant part:

“GPD says the gunman was wearing a baseball hat, a blue surgical mask, and dark-colored athletic shorts. He was not wearing a shirt.

Remember, LDLions started this. My original post didn’t refer to him or anyone else. He took it upon himself to insult me and try to dominate me. He’s a bully, and I love putting guys like that in their place, which isn’t too difficult here, the arguments are so weak. Again, I didn't start this. You guys should really reflect on why you feel personally offended and need to jump on people when it doesn't involve you in any way. After all, isn't that what people are saying in the thread about giving unsolicited advice? To keep your comments to yourself? Hypocrites. Then again LDL seems like the type to arrogantly offer his "expertise" to strangers. Emphasis on arrogant.

Bet you can't keep you mouth shut this time, either.
So much goodness I don’t know where to begin.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 01-01-22, 12:39 AM
7up

Bikes: Aurelia*Bianchi*Cannondale*Colnago*Dahon*Giant*Haro*Lynsky*Monkey Faction*Origin8*Panasonic*Paramont*Peugeot*Ross*Schwinn*SE*Specialized*Trek

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Murthy’s Law - What will not happen,Will happen…….. Things happen so be prepared for the unexpected.
Old 01-01-22, 07:08 AM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
Ahahahahaha! I knew you had to respond! You have no arguments! Owned! Give it up gramps!

BTW, that wasn't trolling, that was a slam dunk! Now go away and feel shame.
Just thought I’d add these, from this very forum:

https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plu...pine-cone.html

https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...pine-cone.html

You think you’re so smart and putting me in my place. You owe many people an apology. Losers!
You really have to admire the dedication to dig up some 5-year-old threads to try to win a thread. We are so pwned.

(Sometimes, I run over pine cones on purpose; I, too, like to live dangerously)
Old 01-01-22, 07:27 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by indyfabz
So much goodness I don’t know where to begin.

​​​​​​By leafing through the DSM?
Old 01-01-22, 07:37 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 3683 Post(s)
Liked 5,447 Times in 2,769 Posts
I hadn't been following this so now I find the trolls have jumped in with both feet! Katy Trail seems to be a troll magnet, though it's been awhile.
Old 01-01-22, 07:42 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by Ironfish653
You really have to admire the dedication to dig up some 5-year-old threads to try to win a thread. We are so pwned.

(Sometimes, I run over pine cones on purpose; I, too, like to live dangerously)

​​​​​​Yes, I sure feel put in my place by the knowledge that someone somewhere sometime tripped on a pine cone. Now I realize my true genius of foresight in avoiding them through 50+ years of riding. I have also never tripped on an acorn, a chestnut, fallen branches, dead squirrels, or anything else that's fallen from a tree.

My foresight must be like a super power against arboreal aggression.

​​​
Old 01-01-22, 08:37 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by 7up
Murthy’s Law - What will not happen,Will happen…….. Things happen so be prepared for the unexpected.

Exactly. If you watch the video, you can definitely see that the rider couldn't tell the guy was wielding a weapon until it was way too late to turn around. The rider did an excellent job of staying on the bike and executing his evasion even after getting hit.

I actually got rear-ended in motion by an SUV this year where my rear wheel was rubbed by the front bumper. Bike and rider (me) came through unscathed because I kept riding the bike rather than panic braking, slowing down, or trying to veer off. I'm not a pilot, but my understanding is that the first rule of crash avoidance is that when you encounter a problem, you make sure you keep flying the plane to keep things stable enough to be able to address the problem.
Old 01-01-22, 09:29 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3093 Post(s)
Liked 6,608 Times in 3,787 Posts
This thread has been circling the bowl for a while now. Time to flush.

Thread closed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.