Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

No Domane + HP for 2022?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

No Domane + HP for 2022?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-22, 10:14 AM
IcySwan1 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 75 Posts
No Domane + HP for 2022?

I am looking for a new Trek Domane + HP. Only 2021 models are listed by Trek. I am not interested in the LT.

Has Trek bailed on the HP model?

Mike
Old 02-25-22, 11:26 AM
tegnamo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Yeah it got cancelled

Let them know you want it to come back! I think a higher powered eRoad bike is super fun even if it weighs a bit more.
Old 02-25-22, 11:31 AM
IcySwan1 

I let them know. I would like to ride with the 50 year olds and 20 mph assist will fall short

Mike
Likes For IcySwan1:
Old 03-29-22, 01:28 PM
rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by IcySwan1
I am looking for a new Trek Domane + HP. Only 2021 models are listed by Trek. I am not interested in the LT.

Has Trek bailed on the HP model?

Mike
Just bought a Domane ALR 3 weeks ago. Aluminum frame OK with me but it takes a bit getting used to stepping down from carbon. It was the best I could afford.

Strictly roadie here and was worried too about the 20mph limit. I am 66 but you will be surprised at how quickly and easily you get to 20mph. Over 20, say at 22-23, I do not notice the limiter cutting out at all, so I don't know exactly what is happening and this is not even in Turbo mode or whatever they call it. Namely, the most assist. I have used it only twice just to see what it is like. Heck, in the middle mode, my riding partner who is 7 years my younger and a very strong rider cannot keep up on any bigger climbs. I am the one now just riding away.

Now, although I put in thousands of miles, I differ from you in that I have no desire to ride with the big boys. Not my crowd or personalities. This ALR is definitely keeping me in the game though up to 20mph. Still trying to get used to things but it is a real game changer. My riding buddy now hates me.

FYI, the Trek rep told me that Trek is combining 21-22 year bikes due to Covid and the lack of availability but I can't confirm this. I can tell you that any road E-bike is very difficult to find. I was looking at Specialized but they weren't any around for like 300 miles. I test road the ALR and bought it. There were only a couple in a hundred mile radius of where I live and I got 500 off to boot. Maybe last years model. It was the only road e-bike they had.

john
Old 03-29-22, 04:13 PM
IcySwan1 

Rutan, thanks for the info. It is invaluable. I think you are right - for most of what I do the 20 mph assist limit should be fine. It particularly would help getting up most hills. I can keep up with the 20 mph assist on the flat, but the long gradients are what drop me and I lamentable need a tad more oomph.

Mike
Old 03-29-22, 04:30 PM
fooferdoggie 

Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
I have a trek allant 8+ also a bulls both with a performance speed. on the bulls on flats I cruse 20 to 22 but on the trek the bigger tires its around 18 with the same effort. my speed is more a matter of keeping my power level at the level I can keep up at. my bulls with only 1.5" tires takes less effort or at least it feels like it. the trek has more torque but it takes more effort to get it up to speed. My speed is more the power level I feel like that day.I had to turn down the assist levels so I can keep my watts up higher or I have to go faster. if I keep it below 20 eco is usually enough on flats. my last 30 mile ride on flats I had a range of 52 miles and averaged 16.5 with the stops.
Old 03-29-22, 05:36 PM
fooferdoggie 

Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
[QUOTE=rutan74;22455032]Just bought a Domane ALR 3 weeks ago. Aluminum frame OK with me but it takes a bit getting used to stepping down from carbon. It was the best I could afford.

Strictly roadie here and was worried too about the 20mph limit. I am 66 but you will be surprised at how quickly and easily you get to 20mph. Over 20, say at 22-23, I do not notice the limiter cutting out at all, so I don't know exactly what is happening and this is not even in Turbo mode or whatever they call it. Namely, the most assist. I have used it only twice just to see what it is like. Heck, in the middle mode, my riding partner who is 7 years my younger and a very strong rider cannot keep up on any bigger climbs. I am the one now just riding away.

if you dont have a speed motor the bosch starts ramping down around 17mph and cuts off at 19mph approx. but it's not sunken its smooth. but often the speed may be a mile or two on the fast side so your not going as fast as the display says.