Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP Value please

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-22, 01:03 PM
Lbxpdx

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 98 Posts
1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP Value please

Apparently it has been nearly around the world if not around the world.

Old 07-14-22, 04:59 PM
nesteel 

Bikes: See the signature....

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 191 Times in 114 Posts
Desirable bike that's been stored poorly. $150 as it sits, and I feel that's generous. It needs EVERYTHING,the paint might clean up and touch up okay, but the chrome is trash.
Old 07-14-22, 08:04 PM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 302 Posts
Too much rust for it to ever clean up as your C&V dream bike. Still a generally nice bike that should fix up to ride fine. $150 would be top end IMO. I’d feel better about $100 knowing I could recoup most of that in the AT crankset with bottom bracket and Mountech front derailleur.
Old 07-14-22, 09:38 PM
Lbxpdx

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 98 Posts
Originally Posted by plonz
Too much rust for it to ever clean up as your C&V dream bike. Still a generally nice bike that should fix up to ride fine. $150 would be top end IMO. I’d feel better about $100 knowing I could recoup most of that in the AT crankset with bottom bracket and Mountech front derailleur.
I passed on the bike. It was $140. I chose a much cleaner 21” that fit me right for $160. I almost bought it as a donor bike, but I didn’t want the hastle of then buying another bike rack just to bring them home from vacation. I always have one bike rack in my trunk.
Likes For Lbxpdx: