Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Where did you ride in Southern California today?

Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Where did you ride in Southern California today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-24, 10:24 AM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked 1,061 Times in 447 Posts
Wednesday I did a quick 32 mile loop and 2300 feet of climbing. I've been trying to focus not riding in zone 4/5, since I tend to do shorter rides at max effort. I stayed most of the time in zone 3 and did well not blowing up. I heard zone 2 training helps, but if I rode any slower I don't think I'd get anywhere. Anyways, I definitely felt like I had more in the tank towards the end of the ride. I guess now that I'm getting older, I need to ride smarter!

Likes For jonathanf2:
Old 05-18-24, 05:06 PM
jonathanf2

18 miles of dirt on Friday in Highland Park / Mt. Washington and 23 miles cruising DTLA and Elysian park this Saturday morning!

Last edited by jonathanf2; 05-18-24 at 07:52 PM.
Likes For jonathanf2:
Old 05-20-24, 06:45 PM
jonathanf2

22 miles for gravel bike Monday! I took the gravel bike to meet up some non-cycling friends over at Griffith Observatory and grab lunch. After eating though I did another round up the park. Also despite being a bit slower on the gravel bike to climb road sections, bombing the rough downhill fire roads is just much more fun. I can just plow through the loose gravel and dirt with no worries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.