Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Jax, FL

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Greetings from Jax, FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-24, 06:37 AM
Brogi3K

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from Jax, FL

Hello,

41-year-old male here, just getting into cycling. I've always wanted to complete a triathlon (sprint first, who knows next) and figured this is the year. I dabbled in road bikes a decade+ ago and bought a second-hand Scott Aluminum. It was great but I didn't get enough use out of it and sold it a year later--now I'm back for more and up against the same dilemma of not knowing how much to spend to accomplish my goal, ha. Generally, I overspend on every new hobby b/c it seems like the greatest idea ever at the time, but I would like to not do that this time around.

I'm in good shape from CrossFit competitions and the running/swimming I've recently added to my training, but I imagine biking will add a whole new dimension to things. I am relatively large at 6'3 220lbs and carry a bit of muscle--not sure if I will (or want to) be able to slim down much more, I could maybe get to 210'ish but that would be super skinny for me. Thought I'd throw that out there to lay the foundation for some of my questions soon to come, mostly around which used bike(s) to seek/avoid.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day, looking forward to the community... Ride safe.
Old 01-26-24, 07:46 AM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Welcome from a Texas Rider.

Old 01-28-24, 05:50 PM
rodymanners

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Last edited by rodymanners; 01-29-24 at 06:43 AM.