Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

advice wanted for aeroad fitting

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-24, 09:42 AM
jrdemon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i’m looking at an aeroad for sale on canyons website but i have a dilemma. the only available sizes are xl and 2xl. the recommended size for me is L, i’m 6”2, 35” inseam. here’s where it gets tricky- i’m 15, still have some growing to do. i don’t have any terribly unusual dimensions or anything liek that. just wondering what u guys think of getting an xl and riding it until i grow into it. i’m supposed to be just under 6”4 when i’m done growing. oh, and i should mention i’m very flexible, back, hips, hams, etc all in very good shape (have had minor sprains etc. in the past in similar areas so i learned how to take care of my body from an early age in terms of stretching) any help would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited by jrdemon; 01-17-24 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-18-24, 05:09 PM
oldbobcat

Bikes: '80 Masi Gran Criterium, '12 Trek Madone, early '60s Frejus track

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 450 Times in 338 Posts
Don't count on it. My dad was 6'1", my mom was 5'7", and everyone had me pegged for at least 6'2". I never cleared 5'11 and 3/4". I pretty much reached my adult height at 16.

My legs are as long as yours, and my arms are long, and my riding posture is Eddy-ish, so I'd be on a Large with a 12 cm stem. At 6'2" (188 cm) I'd put you on a Large. At 6'4 (193 cm), you'd be right in the pocket for XL. XXL would be a mistake unless you shoot past 6'5". Anyway, you'd have a hard time controlling it at your current height.

This is a little off-topic, but while you're still growing you might want to consider a bike that is more easily customizable in the cockpit department. You're likely to be swapping stems and handlebars as you grow and gain skill and experience.

Last edited by oldbobcat; 01-18-24 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-18-24, 05:26 PM
jrdemon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
thanks a lot man,

works out well cuz they have a newer model available in size L that’s cheaper and lighter with the same components. the one i was looking at prior to finding this today was 500 bucks more and wouldn’t be restocked in L (for some reason the newer model of the one i was looking at wasn’t on their website till today, i was worried about there not being a bike available in that price range this year). i’ll wait till nike season is closer to buy one, i might grow until then and i can choose a size accordingly. i’m from canada so i have a while to wait!
Likes For jrdemon: