Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

2024 Race Results Thread

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

2024 Race Results Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-24, 05:12 PM
Radish_legs

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 33 Posts
2024 Race Results Thread

The 2nd Tuesday Night Crit went off last night in the Dallas, TX area. I raced Masters, B (Cat 3-4), and A (cat 1-3). In that order. Coming off an injury very little riding in the past month. Happy to just stay in the pack if possible.

Masters - low wind day, so ended up bunch finish. Tried to lead out a teammate, but screwed it up and got swarmed, but was able to move my teammate up from about 20th to 7th in the final sprint.

B crit - just sat on the back and coached up a teammate who is new to the sport.

A crit - just wondered how long I could hold on. Miraculously I was able to stay in the group the entire time as the caboose riding behind a female ride who is 5 feet tall or so. So no draft. I was actually recovered enough at the end that I could have gotten in the mix. Again, somewhat miraculously. But my leg was starting to cramp and I was afraid of crashing again like last year, all to try and finish 12th. So I didn't participate in the sprint.

Best part was getting a good workout. Hopefully will help me contribute more for my team later.
Likes For Radish_legs:
Old 03-28-24, 10:46 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2640 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
Good stuff Radish_legs. My racing calendar will be drastically reduced with a 6 month old at home, but I'll still get to at least a few local events. I'm excited about the TTT district champs in May - this year we will field two teams and probably take home the titles in the 140+ combined and 180+ combined 4-person events.

I know that procrit has already got some racing in too.
Likes For TMonk:
Old 04-13-24, 11:44 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2640 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
Fiesta Island time trial, 1st/2 in 35+ division, fourth fastest time overall. I rode a 27:26 on 275w, at 26.9 MPH.

Windy today, speed band was 25 - 30 MPH depending on location on the island. These races are real early, so even though they are local, I never get enough warmup in and always feel like my cardio is a bit blocked and not ready. Mostly limited by discomfort in the legs, but HR is far from maxed out. Still, it was fun to get out and give it a go!

One of the three faster times was from an athlete in the Men's 60+ age division..... Wow. What a specimen. I know I have a ways to go as far as optimizing my equipment and position goes in time trial, but still, getting beaten by an old dude is very humbling!

Likes For TMonk:
Old 04-14-24, 08:42 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
TMonk Congrats on the time / win. That is a lot of wind and I bet it was cold.
Likes For Hermes: