Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Tradeinn/Bikeinn - anyone manage to get refund after not receiving your order?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-24, 11:23 PM
Kabuto

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 54 Posts

Here's what has happened so far.

December 29, 2023 - I ordered a pair of Assos winter bib tights from Tradeinn/Bikeinn

December 31, 2023 - My order was supposedly created (tracking indicates PARCEL CREATED)

January 1, 2024 - This date is the final tracking entry (tracking indicates the order was still in GIRONA, 17460, ES - that's the Tradeinn/Bikeinn warehouse)

January 18, 2024 - No new update to tracking so I contacted Tradeinn/Bikeinn. Got a bogus response saying my order was stuck in customs in Japan where I live. Not possible since the order hadn't even gone through customs in Europe.

February 1, 2024 - No new update to tracking so I contacted Tradeinn/Bikeinn again. Got a reply saying they'd follow up with their carrier and please wait 2-3 weeks for a reply. Up to this point, all the messages I had sent and received were viewable by logging in to their website. Suspecting a bad outcome, I also contacted my CC company to record the events to this point.

February 23, 2024 - Received no response from Tradeinn/Bikeinn, so I contacted them again through their website. I also noticed that all the messages I had sent and received previously had been deleted.

February 24, 2024 - Received a reply stating I need to fill out some bogus form. "In order to request information from the carrier about the status of your shipment and expedite the investigation in case of any possible incident, please fill out the attached document." So, what had they been doing for the last three weeks?! Nothing, obviously. How is this my responsibility?! I don't think it is.

So I'm curious, has anyone managed to get a refund from Tradeinn/Bikeinn in similar circumstances? Did you fill out the bogus form?

I think my next step will be to contact my CC company again and press them to take action.

Last edited by Kabuto; 02-24-24 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-24-24, 11:45 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,646 Times in 2,924 Posts
Out of 264 reviews on them 223 are one star. Pretty telling. I did a search on Tradeinn/Bikeinn Scam. Not many kind words.

Likes For rsbob:
Old 02-25-24, 12:33 AM
Kabuto

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 54 Posts
Which site is that? trustpilot has 22,080 reviews rating bikeinn at 4.2 out of 5. there are many one star reviews but there are many more 5 star reviews. I purchased some Aerothan tubes from them in March 2023 and they arrived quickly without any problems. My bad for thinking my second transaction with them would work out much like the first one, I suppose...

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bikeinn.com
Old 02-25-24, 05:24 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,572 Times in 7,335 Posts
Your credit card company didn’t simply give you a credit until the matter was resolved? That’s has been the process every time I have lodged a complaint.
Old 02-25-24, 07:16 AM
Garthr

Bikes: Franklin Frames Custom, Rivendell Bombadil

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 127 Posts
I've ordered from them before without any issues to the USA. My experience with a fair number on int'l orders is that the tracking can't be trusted for timing or accuracy. I've had orders that were never updated from being in Amsterdam airport and they arrived to my door. "Like magic", then all the tracking is updated. The issue is that there are multiple carriers involved which may or may not communicate well with each other. Customs is a whole separate issue that depends on the country you live in. Even domestically in the USA shipping can take weeks/months in some cases, where tacking gets stalled, gives out the wrong information, items are misplaced, fall off the chuckwagon, whatever. "stuff happens".

The lowly reviews were found here : https://www.reviews.io/company-revie...e/tradeinn.com
Seeing there are so many is in itself suspicious as I checked a number of other popular Euro cycling retailers(Chainreaction/Wiggle, SJS Cyles, Starbike, Bike24) that only had a handful of reviews there. It's not like reviews can't be faked, or are made by customers who tend don't hesitate to write scathing reviews before they even attempt any resolution beforehand.
Old 02-25-24, 08:45 AM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked 547 Times in 307 Posts
OP's experience matches mine. I paid extra for express shipping. A month later after repeatedly being blown off by BI I contacted DHL and was finally able to get in touch with someone at a Central American branch who actually cared.
Bike Inn didn't seem to care that my package was sitting less than 200 miles from me. DHL didn't seem to be able to track a missing package for the intended recipient.

I will not deal with Bike Inn again, and DHL went from first choice shipper to last resort shipper.
Old 02-25-24, 10:10 AM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 694 Posts
I used bikeinn to the USA without issues. I’ve no reservations using them again.
As previously mentioned, tracking is hit & miss, but not just for bikeinn.
Fedex has always been good internationally, DHL I’ll avoid thank you.
Some European vendors have an up-charge for FedEx…. I choose to pay it for my higher dollar orders.

Barry
Old 02-25-24, 10:34 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6972 Post(s)
Liked 10,969 Times in 4,692 Posts
When I use google's 'shopping' tab to look for items, BikeInn always seems to have to lowest prices -- by a significant margin. That's why I have never ordered from them.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 02-25-24, 10:45 AM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked 547 Times in 307 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
When I use google's 'shopping' tab to look for items, BikeInn always seems to have to lowest prices -- by a significant margin. That's why I have never ordered from them.
Ouch! This is so true. I just got burned by a discount airline headquartered in MSP. Cutting customer service may well be a calculated business decision. If things go well, you can attract customers with lower prices. You hope that the number of customers you attract is greater than or equal to the number you alienate with your poor service.
Likes For DangerousDanR:
Old 02-25-24, 01:46 PM
RCMoeur 
Cantilever believer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 1,839 Times in 832 Posts
Originally Posted by DangerousDanR
Ouch! This is so true. I just got burned by a discount airline headquartered in MSP.
Hmmm. That narrows it down.

"We're sorry, but consuming any oxygen during the flight, even from cabin air, is an additional mandatory charge."
Likes For RCMoeur:
Old 02-25-24, 03:33 PM
Redbullet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 49 Posts
Tradeinn generally had the best prices on the market in the past. But many of their prices are now aligned with the market (even bigger here and there).
I bought 5-6 times from them, and everything was ok, apart from a delay of 20-25 days on the last order in Jan 2024. They proposed me to wait or to request reimbursement, and I preferred to wait. Another issue is the poor technical description of the products: you must know very well the parts you want to buy, because you do not get detailed clarification on their website.

Overall, Tradeinn is not fraud. Maybe there was a problem with the carrier during delivery?
Old 03-20-24, 05:08 PM
tempocyclist

Bikes: 2002 Trek 5200 (US POSTAL), 2020 Canyon Aeroad SL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked 683 Times in 328 Posts
I ordered something from BikeInn recently for the first time. Prices were all in my local currency and I didn't even realise it would be shipped from overseas.

Order arrived today, took slightly longer than expected of course coming from Europe. No problems though. All good.