Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Block Island Bicycling (Trip Summary)

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-15, 08:14 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts

Just got back from our extended trip, which took us to Block Island on Friday. We really liked the island itself, but the ride was way too hilly for my wife. We went to the right on Water Street and planned to head to the west side, then back via Cooneymus, Lakeside, Mohegan Trail, and Spring Street, but we bailed at Center Road and headed back to town for lunch and a great day at the beach on Corn Neck Lane.

I think the oppressive heat had a lot to do with it. Or maybe we did the loop in the wrong direction. I thought a good deal of it was flat, but my wife insisted it was a constant uphill battle all the way. It just goes to show that different people see roads a totally different way. At least, in the future, when I ask this group about hills on a ride, now I know I can ask for comparisons to Block Island.

Thanks for the input, everybody!