Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

SRM AXS app:Blocking gear combinations?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-23, 12:50 PM
gif4445

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Specialized Diverge, Volagi Liscio, LHT, Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

I've looked and looked, but cannot find any info on how to block certain gear combinations, like prohibiting a cross chaining shift to small front ring with smallest sprocket on the cassette. I know it is a thing but I don't see it explained anywhere I have looked.
Old 07-31-23, 06:15 PM
maddog34

Bikes: !982 Trek 930R Custom, Diamondback ascent with SERIOUS updates, Fuji Team Pro CF and a '09 Comencal Meta 5.5

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 534 Posts
search : "SRAM FAQ" then email them your questions...... they're usually pretty good about answering such questions in a timely manner. be prepared to list Accurate Part Numbers and/or Groupset info.
Old 08-02-23, 12:21 AM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,204 Times in 761 Posts
I might be misunderstanding your question, but...

AXS doesn't have any settings that allow you to block any specific chain ring / sprocket combination.

However, it sounds like you're wanting to block the smallest sprocket / small chain ring combination. You don't have to "block" that combination, AXS doesn't allow it, period. That's the only combination that's blocked.

If you're on the small chain ring, the rear derailleur won't shift to the smallest sprocket in back. Just won't go there. You have to be on the big ring to go to the smallest sprocket.

If you're on the smallest sprocket in back and try to shift from the large chain ring to the small chain ring, the rear derailleur will automatically shift to the second smallest sprocket.

Does this answer your question? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

Last edited by Camilo; 08-02-23 at 12:26 AM.