Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Unknown Track Frame, Custom Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-24, 01:01 PM
Burrit0Lover

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unknown Track Frame, Custom Build

I acquired this frame sometime ago in 2013. I purchased it from Craigslist and added my own components. What I do know is that it was a track bicycle and, based on the BB size, it may have been manufactured in France. I also checked the serial number stamp and nothing came up. Any other identifying marks are gone since the frame was sanded and powder-coated. I have moved on and am ready to part ways with it. I could use help appraising the value of the bicycle. Parting it out is another option. Below is what I know about the components.

Front Hub: Campagnolo Centaur freewheel
Rear Hub: Origin 8 (17T rear cog)
Cranks: Dura Ace (with 42T cog)
Rims: Weinmann DP18
Tires: Continental Gator Skin
Pedals: All City

One issue is that the seat post is currently missing its bolt. So the bicycle is basically unridable at the moment. I may have to shop around and find a replacement. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Burrit0Lover; 03-27-24 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-23-24, 09:05 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 791 Post(s)
Liked 1,770 Times in 635 Posts
The Campy and origin seem bit mis match one is top end vintage the other reads like the builder just put what ever they could get to make it whole bike.
Old 03-25-24, 07:47 PM
Burrit0Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zukahn1
The Campy and origin seem bit mis match one is top end vintage the other reads like the builder just put what ever they could get to make it whole bike.
You are correct, it was a project bike. The Campy was actually gifted to me, so I don't know its value. Being low on funds at the time (I was in college), I chose the Origin as the best option at the time to complete the build. It rides just fine and was my daily until I chose an alternative.

I would share photos to help, but since I'm a new user with under 10 posts, I cannot. I think I'll have to check a different site to get a better answer.
Old 03-26-24, 04:56 AM
bboy314

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 742 Times in 385 Posts
Are you looking to sell? Located in an urban area? Not a lot of demand for track bikes these days. Around here (college town) I might list it for 200-250, and expect to wait awhile to sell it for that, or take a lower offer. Fixing the seatpost and getting it rideable would certainly help.

Having trouble deciphering this bit of the description: “Front Hub: Campagnolo Centaur freewheel (42T cog)”
Old 03-27-24, 11:28 AM
Burrit0Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, I am looking to sell hence the appraisal value. Ideally, I would sell it as a complete bicycle. I honestly think its greatest value are DP18 wheel set. Doing some quick searching, those can sell starting at $100 each. The one with the Campy hub would sell for more.

I edited the original post concerning the chainring - it is a 42T cog. The rear cog is 17T to give you some idea of the gear ratio. Also, the size of the frame from the ST to center of cranks is 21.5"/54 cm. I'm specifically missing the binder bolt for the seat tube - I will checkout my LBS to find out which size I need and go from there.