Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Garmin Barfly Problem?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Garmin Barfly Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-13, 05:51 PM
Reeses

Bikes: Scott CR1 Pro, Eimei

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garmin Barfly Problem?

I recently purchased a Barfly for my Garmin Edge 500 and I'm having some problems.

I noticed that the Barfly doesn't "click" the unit into place like the normal stem/handlebar mount does, is anyone else having this problem?

My Garmin does have one of the tabs on the back broken off but the normal mount secures it.
Old 01-07-13, 06:53 PM
KenshiBiker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Reeses
I noticed that the Barfly doesn't "click" the unit into place like the normal stem/handlebar mount does, is anyone else having this problem?
I noticed the same thing. Once or twice if I wasn't careful I could insert the Edge 500 into the Barfly a bit "cock-eyed" and it was not very secure - I could (and did) just pull it straight out of the mount. It never popped off during a ride, but I became very cautious about double-checking its anchoring after that.

Got a K-Edge for Christmas, and it clicks in just fine. I feel my Edge 500 is much more secure on it. The Barfly has now been relegated to the bike semi-permanently on the wind trainer.

Good luck,

KB
Old 01-07-13, 08:54 PM
Reeses

Bikes: Scott CR1 Pro, Eimei

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Damn... due to the missing tab on the back of my Garmin I'm able to pull it right out of the mount (with some effort)

I was so stoked for this but I'm not sure if I should use it anymore.