Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

How do you recover?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

How do you recover?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-21, 12:24 PM
AlgarveCycling

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 163 Posts
Depends. Today I did a 60 mile training ride with my Coach, involved various segments of varying intensity; 4x5min, 10min effort on a 5% 5km climb, 5x 30s sprints, overall about 3300+ ft climbing and 20mph average.

I got home, showered and had a Powerade with Regener powder added within 30 min of stopping exercise. Then lunch - nothing special, just sandwiches, a protein yoghurt and since then a bit of light swimming in the pool.

If the training is really intense, then I might use my Powerdot muscle stimulator for an hour in the evening while watching TV. I'm also trying out Morgan's Blue Muscle Relax cream too, see how it goes.

I train relatively hard on Tuesday's, Thursday's, Saturday's and Sunday's clocking up around 300 mi and 16500 ft a week. Monday's and Wednesday's are recovery rides and Friday's off completely - because I'm now training for a race at the end of September, I'll go and get a pro massage on the Friday's.

I'm in my 50's now, when I was younger I never did any of the above recovery stuff apart from recovery rides and rest days, although not as many as I should have done. However, I do find the added elements help me nowadays; takes me longer to recover between hard training sessions.
Old 09-02-21, 11:36 AM
ussprinceton

Bikes: '18 S-Works Tarmac (white letters), '18 S-Works Tarmac (black letters), '22 Allez Elite, '16 Emonda SL, '03 fuel100, '14 adventure3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 66 Posts
sleep
Likes For ussprinceton: