Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

FSA SL-K tandem crankset: Availability in Europe?

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-24, 05:29 AM
Chris_W
Likes to Ride Far

Bikes: road+, gravel, commuter/tourer, tandem, e-cargo, folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

Does anyone know somewhere to buy a pair of FSA SL-K tandem cranks (50/34) in Europe? I run a small bike workshop and have an account for the local FSA importer (for Switzerland, Italy, and maybe other countries), but they simply told me that they don't sell them. The official online FSA Pro Shop will not ship here (Switzerland). I've found several online retailers in the US, but so far haven't found one that will ship here, and Google doesn't show any results in Europe, so maybe FSA doesn't import them to the continent at all.
However, there must be other people in Europe who want higher-end tandem cranks. Any sources?
I've bought a few Lightning single-bike cranks before for myself and a couple of clients, so I know they ship here and that might have to be the alternative option. Any other suggestions?

Edit: It seems that Co-Motion Cycles in Oregon will ship the cranks here. But if there is a more local option then I would prefer it. Thanks.

Last edited by Chris_W; 02-27-24 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Update added
Old 04-05-24, 09:13 AM
Chris_W
Likes to Ride Far

Bikes: road+, gravel, commuter/tourer, tandem, e-cargo, folder

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Update: In the end, I bought the crankset from Co-Motion. All was good with delivery, but I would have preferred to have a more local option.

I was worried when I realized that the Santana frame that I was installing it in had 73mm wide BBs and not 68mm, but fortunately FSA had allowed for this and the kit included everything needed. Co-Motion even included an additional guide listing what spacer combinations were needed in which situations.
Likes For Chris_W:
Old 04-06-24, 06:51 AM
PromptCritical 

Bikes: Paramount Track Bike, Colnago Super, Santana Tandems (1995 & 2007), Gary Fisher Piranha, Trek Wahoo, Bianchi Track Bike, a couple of Honda mountain bikes

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Glad you were able to get what you needed. Santana can be a challenge with all of their proprietary stuff.
Old 04-07-24, 04:27 AM
mtreloar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I know you found your part at Comotion. But for interest, and in case others read this thread, I have a further question: Did you phone Santana?

In the past 2 years, I was able to buy a new replacement rear derailleur for a 1992 Sovereign from Santana. The original equipment was Shimano XTR. The new product is marked XT but it looks and functions like the original XTR. The Santana person was very knowledgeable.