Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Buying a bike repair stand question(s)

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Buying a bike repair stand question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-24, 12:08 PM
Garthr

Bikes: Franklin Frames Custom, Rivendell Bombadil

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 127 Posts
I have the Feedback Elite that I bought at REI some years ago and don't find it very stable at all. It's not that a bike is going to tip over, it just moves, jiggles and wiggles a lot. It's not what I'd call a stable in any way. I'd have my doubts about the HD model, just because it can carry a greater load doesn't speak to it's stability of that load when actually applying and force to your bicycle. That can only be done hands on. The Feedbacks are portable though, and not shop tools. Though I must the original Park PCS-1 ability to clamp the bike and not wiggle any was excellent. It's just the two doglegs were not sufficient enough without needing to stand on them or place massive sandbags underneath.

The only stand I found truly stable for applying force is the Park shop variety, of course ! Nothing like shop tools at home ! If I had a proper workroom I'd consider buying one for sure.
Likes For Garthr:
Old 03-15-24, 01:00 PM
mams99

Bikes: Pedego Stretch 2016 (electric cargo bike for around town and grocery shopping, Small surly Ogre (2015), Bianchi Advantage (46cm) 1993, Bike Friday NWT, 2005

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 24 Posts
I just used my REI coupon and ordered the Feedback more expensive one. Thank for everyone's feedback! (tee-hee!)
Likes For mams99: