Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Will Orbea Bottle Range Extender fit?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-21, 07:00 AM
Pridedog
Gone Biking!

Bikes: Orbea Gain, Lynskey, Redline Conquest Disc, Bike Friday, Cannnondale T2 Tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 28 Posts

I have done my due diligence about the Range Extender and have decided that it’s positives outweigh its negatives. My question is around the “fit” of the bottle unit on the bike. I have an Orbea Gain D-30. The bike has an XS frame. I am concerned about the fit when the bottle unit is mounted on the seat tube cage mounts. My question is will it interfere with the cage mounted on the down tube. I can’t find any specs on the dimensions of the unit on either Mahle’s or Orbea’s websites, just info about wattage, etc.

I would appreciate information from those that own the extender.
Either:
1-You have it mounted on an XS frame and how it fit with downtube cage?
or
2-If you have bottle extender can you give me the dimensions of it and its cage so I can do a mock up and see if it fits.

The idea of losing one bottle so I can go farther is kind of counterintuitive, but to lose both would prevent me from purchasing the unit.

Old 02-19-21, 04:42 PM
Elvo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
Ask Orbea? From eyeballing, it looks like it will fit if you remove your frame pump
Old 02-19-21, 06:29 PM
Pridedog
Gone Biking!

Bikes: Orbea Gain, Lynskey, Redline Conquest Disc, Bike Friday, Cannnondale T2 Tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Elvo
Ask Orbea? From eyeballing, it looks like it will fit if you remove your frame pump
I am waiting a reply back from them. Thought I might get lucky and someone on here would have the answer.