Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Bosch Kiox - can this display remember it’s last assistance setting?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-23, 04:09 PM
Fandomii

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Hey folks,

Can the Kiox display be set to remember its previous assistance level, or to always start at e.g. Tour mode ? Mine keeps resetting to 0 assist level every time I turn the display off or remove it from the bike - it’s quite annoying.
Old 04-12-23, 04:56 PM
ARider2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
I’m fairly certain this is the way all Bosch e-bike systems work and it makes sense from a safety standpoint.
Likes For ARider2:
Old 04-12-23, 07:26 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 824 Times in 623 Posts
That's the way every one that I've ridden worked. Maybe it can be set differently, but as above, it could be a safety issue.
Old 04-13-23, 11:08 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4358 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
I do not believe it is settable. I haven't seen a way on any of them. I have looked into it more heavily with the Nyon because I have Nyon but no such luck. As others have said more than likely a safety precaution.
Old 04-15-23, 04:07 PM
Fandomii

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thanks folks. My precvious e-bike came with an Intuvia display and that one could remember its previous assistance level and was not resetting between sessions. I guess the Kiox is set to reset after each ride and that’s why I get the assistance reset as well.
Old 04-15-23, 04:59 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4358 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
I don't recall any Intuvia displays ever holding assist level, f I will have to check that. Generally they all start in off but I have a few Intuvias on the floor I can check. I do know Kiox and Nyon typically reset after your ride and trying to get the data off of it and into the app is a pain but I have heard really good things about the Flow App for the Smart System so a new bike could be in the far future. I do really like the new Kiox 300 and button pad as that also has a simple display in it but I want dual batteries (1500wh baby) and would want Rohloff still and I really like my Nyon so I will just wait. My system 2 bike is just fine minus a kickstand issue but that has nothing to do with Bosch whatsoever.
Old 04-15-23, 06:41 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
my old nyon the first one would stay at what you set it till they finally had an update for it a year ago. I really liked it since I stay in tour almost always.