Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Dura Ace hub thread size

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Dura Ace hub thread size

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-20, 12:18 AM
scottlox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dura Ace hub thread size

After a bit of advice, I have a freewheel which is the standard 34mm thread diameter but the hub thread is roughly 32mm, does anyone know where I can find a freewheel to fit the smaller this thread.

ftafter a after a bit of advice, I have a rear dura ace hub i'm trying to find a freewheel for but the average freewheel inside diameter is 34mm, the dura ace is about 32mm, any idea where to find a freewheel around that size ?bit of advice, I have a rear dura ace hub i'm trying to find a freewheel for but the average freewheel inside diameter is 34mm, the dura ace is about 32mm, any idea where to find a freewheel around that size ?er a bit of advice, I have a rear dura ace hub i'm trying to find a freewheel for but the average freewheel inside diameter is 34mm, the dura ace is about 32mm, any idea where to find a freewheel around that size ?
Old 06-25-20, 01:06 AM
darkhorse75

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts
That is a track hub. The big thread is for the cog and the smaller thread (left handed ) is for the lockring. A standard ISO threaded freewheel should fit on the large thread.
Likes For darkhorse75:
Old 06-25-20, 01:22 AM
scottlox

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I thought a standard 34mm freewheel would fit to but the thread is smaller than that, roughly 32mm
Old 06-25-20, 05:43 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,877 Posts
It sounds like it may be a Dura-Ace 10 hub which was intended to be used with a 10mm pitch drive system. This resulted in smaller (i.e lighter) cogs that utilized 33mm x 24 TPI threading. You may find some track cogs to fit but they never manufactured Dura-Ace 10 freewheels. There was a proposed Dura-Ace 10 road group that was shown at shows and in catalogs but it used the nascent freehub.
Likes For T-Mar: