Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

(long shot) anyone has experience with AR glasses on tour?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-23, 10:15 AM
gauvins

Bikes: Custom built LHT & Troll

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 846 Post(s)
Liked 149 Times in 106 Posts

Computers on tour are a pain due to energy requirements and weight/volume, and while smartphones pack the power of laptops, their screens (and lack of keyboard) means struggling to do any kind of work. Yet this summer my plan is to settle on a smartphone + bluetooth keyboard, and to squint or find a TV or some screen and use DeX.

Today I came across the Nreal Air AR glasses. While they tend to be used by gamers and people seeking immersive video experience, I read reports of people using them instead of a standard computer display. Supposedly 1028 resolution. Not 4K but certainly good enough to review papers and such. Seems compact enough, doesn't require too much battery power -- perhaps ideal for computing-on-the-go.

Any actual experience? Comment?

Last edited by gauvins; 04-03-23 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-03-23, 01:46 PM
Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1963 Post(s)
Liked 647 Times in 443 Posts
No but it would be great to have some prism glasses so I can spend all day in aerobars without straining my neck. They already have these types of glasses for rock climbers.

https://www.99boulders.com/best-belay-glasses
Likes For Yan: