Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Days gone by.....dreaming of a past love.

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-22, 09:26 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 5,005 Times in 1,783 Posts

Spotted this while cruising Ebay this morning. It's the exact color/decal scheme of the old Peugeot I rode all over Germany in the 80s. Love to find another in my size just for a silly nostalgic reason. No clue what model I really had back then but it was more of a utility type one. Full fenders, rear rack, lights, bottle generator, etc. Mine did have a chromed front fork too. Man did I put some miles on it.

One day I'll find it again in a 55/56 cm and all will be all right in the world, LOL!

Man I remember doing so much on that bike. First time I tore my meniscus I rehabbed it on this bike while waiting to start back running again. Lots of dark nights in paths deep in the woods coming back to my Kaserne from another one where I was taking night classes. I remember one winter night where it just slid out from under me at an icy intersection with a car right behind me. Don't think I ever moved so fast in my life as I got 'er back under me and moved out of the way, LOL! Lights sucked deep in the woods, just barely lighting things enough to see a few feet ahead. Remember at time riding alone the Rhine after heavy storms and the going through severel inches of standing water, somehow staying upright. I also carried a whole stereo system back to the barracks piece by piece on the rear rack, surely exceeding any weight limits. It was also quicker to take it into Karlsruhe via a bike path than it was to drive and I never had to worry about finding parking.

Many a weekend day was spent on it just riding the various paths between the small towns just loving the experience and getting lost more than a few times. Good times!
Old 02-12-22, 02:58 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked 2,831 Times in 1,545 Posts
will be on the look out for you love to enable. I still dream of going back home and finding at a garage sale or clean out building pile, the fuji I fell in love with but could not afford in high school. It was wildly not the right bike for the the Hiline area of montana, with race geometry and sewups, but it was probably the genisis of my nice bike appreciation. The Azuki i got instead served with honor getting ridden all over the world as I took it with me to the Coast Guard

Likes For squirtdad:
Old 02-12-22, 03:37 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Liked 831 Times in 540 Posts
The bike in the pic. Is a model "PSN" Peugeot.
Basically a Peugeot PSV with Italian Campagnolo Victory component gruppo on it, instead of the French components supplied on the PSV.
Actually not a "utility" bike that one would mount fenders, lights and racks on (As it does not have provisions like dropout eyelets and braze-ons for such equipment), but more of a mid level race bike.
If your bike did come with such equipment from the factory, then it is not a PSN.
It should be easy enough to find out what exact model you had as Peugeot did not have that many bike models in this color.
You might have to look for a Euro Peugeot catalogue to find it though, as the bike might have been only sold in Europe.

Last edited by Chombi1; 02-12-22 at 03:41 PM.
Likes For Chombi1:
Old 02-12-22, 06:30 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Originally Posted by Chombi1
The bike in the pic. Is a model "PSN" Peugeot.
Basically a Peugeot PSV with Italian Campagnolo Victory component gruppo on it, instead of the French components supplied on the PSV.
Actually not a "utility" bike that one would mount fenders, lights and racks on (As it does not have provisions like dropout eyelets and braze-ons for such equipment), but more of a mid level race bike.
If your bike did come with such equipment from the factory, then it is not a PSN.
It should be easy enough to find out what exact model you had as Peugeot did not have that many bike models in this color.
You might have to look for a Euro Peugeot catalogue to find it though, as the bike might have been only sold in Europe.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say above. Mine looked like this but was a different model. I just don't know which and haven't found it in the catalogs in the past. But if the one in the pic was my size I probably would have pulled the trigger anyway, LOL!
Old 02-13-22, 02:26 AM
1simplexnut

Bikes: 1963? Anquetil , 1973 PX10,1979 PX10,1984 PX10, VITUS 979 PX10DU,1970S ALAN,1985 PSV10,1980s PY10FC,1978 bERTIN,ALAN carbon

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked 636 Times in 283 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Spotted this while cruising Ebay this morning. It's the exact color/decal scheme of the old Peugeot I rode all over Germany in the 80s. Love to find another in my size just for a silly nostalgic reason. No clue what model I really had back then but it was more of a utility type one. Full fenders, rear rack, lights, bottle generator, etc. Mine did have a chromed front fork too. Man did I put some miles on it.

That is a nice looking Peugeot .
Colour is unusual . Champagne I think they call it ?
If it was the right price I would be sorely tempted to purchase .
Looks like my size too !
I have a black version that evokes similar sorts of memories .
Likes For 1simplexnut:
Old 08-19-22, 07:31 PM
jamesdak 

Well......not the color I was looking for but a nice fresh canvas to start with. Bike was fully stripped down and treated to a fresh powdercoating that looks pretty good. New decals and pretty much period correct parts. Some things to sort out but all and all pretty cool.
Seller had built it up for a century event than had a wreck on another bike and broke his hip. Cool, older gentleman who sold it to me for a lot less than he put into it. Just wanted it moved on since he couldn't use it.

I'll have to give some thought for what direction I'll take this.

Old 08-19-22, 07:51 PM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 302 Posts
My spray-bombed beater is a PSN 10 originally outfitted like the champagne model pictured. The Super Vitus frameset is even lighter than my 531c Raleigh. One of the better kept C&V secrets IMO.
Likes For plonz: