Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hi from Montreal, Qc

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi from Montreal, Qc

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-08, 06:17 AM
xSmurf

Bikes: Norco Monterey with a road conversion kit used in the summer and stock parts for the winter.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi from Montreal, Qc

Hey all, I'm sort of new here (although I've already posted a couple times) and thought I should post an intro. So here it is. I've been a bike commuter for the past 4 years. Last year I also started commuting year round despite our harsh winters. That brought me to start doing my own repairs (and lots of them hehe). By now I own pretty much every bike tool I could need for my bike (and then some) and feel comfortable doing pretty much everything on my own. As far as commuting goes, I consider myself an aggressive commuter as I really don't mind to break a sweat on the way to work if that'll save me a couple minutes. On top of commuting, I am also a touring cyclist and enjoy it very much. My last tour was an 800km solo trip to the north-west of the province (Abitibi). I also try an get implicated with advocacy, partly by participating in the local Critical Mass.

I ride a highly converted Norco Monterey. Basically all that's left from the original is the frame, fork and front derailleur. I intend to either build myself another bike or revert back to the stock parts for winter riding. I also intended on building myself one or two fixies in a very near future (that Colombus SL Marinoni frame sitting here is just asking for it!)

The bike has been outfitted as such:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Feel free to flame me for all the atrocities I've committed, I don't care Linda rides like a charm. If you have any constructive criticisms though I'll gladly take them ;)

Last edited by xSmurf; 09-12-08 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-12-08, 09:11 PM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Who are we to criticise? Not me, that's for certain--although I don't mess around too much with my bikes, I am fred enough to use my 1974 Schwinn Paramount as a commuter .

Welcome to BF, and feel free to PM me with any questions !

East Hill
Forum Moderator