Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

ISO of Lyotard 460D NDS British Threaded Pedal

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-22, 11:41 AM
Flying G

Bikes: 1971 Gitane TDF, 1974 Gitane Interclub, 2001 Serotta Rapid Tour CS3, 1986 Bruce Gordon touring bike, 1972 Gitane Super Corsa, 1978 Michal Johnson, 1972 Lambert Professional Grand Prix, 1983 Vitus (resto project), 1972 Raleigh Professional (resto)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

As luck would have it, somehow over the years, I acquired two Lyotard 460D pedals that are both right or drive side and British threaded! Consequently, I’m searching for an NDS or left pedal, British threaded, for a current project. If you happen to have such a beast or even the spindle so that I could complete the build, that would be much appreciated. In return, I could happily send you funds to cover the pedal and shipping or exchange one of my right side Lyotard 460D pedals for your left side pedal. Key to all of this is ensuring that your pedal shows the “ L “ on the spindle. I included a photo of one of my existing right side pedals so that one knows where to look.
Thanks in advance!

One of my two right side pedals? Would you have a left side pedal, British threaded?
Old 12-15-22, 03:27 PM
marius.suiram 

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 110 Posts
Well, I have a.pair
Old 12-16-22, 12:13 PM
oneclick 

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 1,328 Times in 784 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying G
As luck would have it, somehow over the years, I acquired two Lyotard 460D pedals that are both right or drive side and British threaded! Consequently, I’m searching for an NDS or left pedal, British threaded, for a current project.
Pull a spindle from one of the ones you have and take a photo and measure it, total and length of thread and distance to the inner race and so on.

It's possible a spindle from another Lyotard model will fit.
Old 12-18-22, 06:55 PM
Flying G

Bikes: 1971 Gitane TDF, 1974 Gitane Interclub, 2001 Serotta Rapid Tour CS3, 1986 Bruce Gordon touring bike, 1972 Gitane Super Corsa, 1978 Michal Johnson, 1972 Lambert Professional Grand Prix, 1983 Vitus (resto project), 1972 Raleigh Professional (resto)

Originally Posted by marius.suiram
Well, I have a.pair
Understand that you have a "pair" meaning both Right and Left Leotard 460D pedals - is that correct? Or . . . . even better, you have a pair of NDS Left Lyotard 460D pedals and you would be willing to trade one of your Left pedals for one of my Right pedals?
Not completely clear but maybe you can straighten me out?
Old 12-18-22, 07:01 PM
Flying G

Originally Posted by oneclick
Pull a spindle from one of the ones you have and take a photo and measure it, total and length of thread and distance to the inner race and so on.

It's possible a spindle from another Lyotard model will fit.
I recall that in the past, I visited the local Co-op to see if any of their Lyotard 136R pedals had similar size spindles which would have been an easy fix. Unfortunately, the spindle sizes are different and I don't have any other Leotard pedals.

In the past, I have broken several spindles on these pedals and recognize that they aren't the best in the world. However, the intended project is for a lighter rider than me and if we can make it work, I'll be happy to use the parts on hand. We'll see!
Old 12-18-22, 07:49 PM
marius.suiram 

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 110 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying G
Understand that you have a "pair" meaning both Right and Left Leotard 460D pedals - is that correct? Or . . . . even better, you have a pair of NDS Left Lyotard 460D pedals and you would be willing to trade one of your Left pedals for one of my Right pedals?
Not completely clear but maybe you can straighten me out?
R and L