Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What's the biggest meal you've eaten

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

What's the biggest meal you've eaten

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-22, 07:49 PM
Bogey Speedwell

Bikes: Cannondale Topstone, Trek Dual Sport, State Bicycle Klunker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
Just started more serious cycling, in my mid 50’s and been pretty stringent on my meals the last few years, so a lunch chicken Fajitas, chips and salsa and a Modelo Negra….,.. thought I wasn’t going to make it up the hills.
Old 10-15-22, 07:57 PM
localbikelad

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
BIking

I like biking!
Old 10-15-22, 07:58 PM
localbikelad

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Yum

Chicken potpie, and a protein shake with added protein and electrolytes
Old 10-15-22, 08:50 PM
Airfehr

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 48 Posts
Depends on the ride. Today was an egg, cheese and tomato panini with 35 miles and some climbing still ahead of me. Tomorrow will be a regular route with a BBQ and beer stop. Followed by 15 miles of mostly downhill. I wasn't sure on tomorrows ride until this thread. Thanks OP.
Old 10-15-22, 10:32 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,065 Times in 1,081 Posts
I feel like when it's deep into a long brevet - say day 2 on a 600 at least - my stomach becomes a machine. It can take anything I throw down and send it straight to my legs. I do get tired of sweets, and start going for other types of fuel.

Biggest meal I recall was in Ohio. I sat down at the counter at a diner and asked for a cup of coffee, a slice of blueberry pie a la mode, and the menu. The waitress was taken aback, but obliged. Then I ordered a double cheeseburger, large fries, and large Coke. I don't recall how many Coke refills I went through. After that was polished off, I asked for a vanilla milkshake. I rode at least another 100 miles before the day was done, and I had no issues whatsoever.
Old 10-16-22, 06:41 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
BTW, I've found that the perfect large meal on a long hot weather ride is a big bowl of pho. Not even close to the biggest, but definitely the most restorative. I did that about 110 miles into a very hot 150 mile ride. I recall that as being the second meal stop on that ride.