Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

C&V Addicts - we can get excited by the oddest ads

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

C&V Addicts - we can get excited by the oddest ads

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-21, 06:29 AM
wheatfly

Bikes: Bridgestone 300 ; Bridgestone XO3; Motobecane Grand Jubilee; Surly karate monkey; Lemond ventoux "team z" colors; Diamondback Master TG pink with black splatter paint

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger M
Last summer there was an estate sale disguised as a yard sale. The seller posted pictures of the bikes that were up for sale, not listing any details.

I caught something about the orange bike in the photos..

1972 Gitane tdf. $40

what about the blue bike with the aero post and brooks saddle?
Old 08-26-21, 07:37 AM
ollo_ollo

Bikes: Still have a few left!

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked 532 Times in 267 Posts
Didn't save the ad or its pics, but found my 79 PKN10 (the hand painted, kaleidoscope spotted one) in a Portland Oregon CL ad for a "Parts Bike". Extremely dark pics, surrounded by garage crap, was barely identifiable as a bicycle, you could just discern a Stronglight 49d crank with a little imagination. Portland is an hour away, but when the ad remained up for a couple weeks, I had to go look. $50 + a 6pack for @gugie to massage the fork into its present configuration, plus a Normandy Luxe Competition hubbed front wheel from my spares and it now lives in the "French Quarter" of my shop. Don

Before

After

Last edited by ollo_ollo; 08-26-21 at 08:02 AM. Reason: add pic
Likes For ollo_ollo:
Old 08-26-21, 11:28 AM
Roger M
Banned.

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,443 Times in 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Cibi42
What about the blue one with the Brooks saddle and the (campagnolo?) aero seat post, looks interesting too...
crazy price for that Gitane though!
Originally Posted by wheatfly
what about the blue bike with the aero post and brooks saddle?
That blue bike is a Rodriguez. It went to another forum member, who has since passed it on. It is a beautiful bike,
Likes For Roger M:
Old 08-26-21, 12:23 PM
due ruote 

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 320 Posts
Here's one. The frame intrigued me, and I could see it had a TA crankset and Cyclone RD. Listed as a Motobecane but it didn't look like one to my eyes. It wasn't, but it was French - a Stella SX-73.

Old 08-26-21, 02:41 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,384 Times in 3,669 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger M
That blue bike is a Rodriguez. It went to another forum member, who has since passed it on. It is a beautiful bike,
That Rodriguez was a beauty, you all took a couple/few bites at that apple before it was all said and done.